Chapter 19: It Will Rain

3:31pm

Winter slowly rolled over and cleared some of the violence in the main cities

Winter slowly rolled over and cleared some of the violence in the main cities. People were throwing huge parties, events, and no longer had to duck in the house, not until nighttime.

"So how's school going?"

"It's ... cool." I weakly smiled.

"Have you spoken to your father yet?"

I rolled my eyes and watched everyone hustle on the court. Some dudes gathered around the courtside and cheered them on.

Ghetto doxies mostly filled the bleachers and were trying their best to be seen. I didn't too much care about the shirtless hotties BUT I felt a way when I noticed we shared a common interest.

Queen.

I bit my softly, taking in her stunning appearance as she paced down the court. My heart nearly skipped a beat when she glanced at me.

She rocked blue shorts and matching tee shirt that blended well with a small diamond chain and watch. Like any other given day, crispy pair of balenciaga covered her feet.

"You deadass?" Charles questioned. "I know things were said but that's still your father."

"He'll be alright." I replied.

"Alright– Nicki do you hear yourself? You need to get a grip and stop being stubborn! Don't let that man ruin y'all relationship."

I bitterly chuckled. "That man brought a psychotic peon into the home where my kids laid their heads at– He disregarded our safety and caught a whole stroke when I told him I didn't want Meek around MY kids! I got nothing else to say."

"I understand you might be upset but you can't be mad at him forever or keep those kids away, they haven't seen him in weeks."

"It'll remain that way." I sassed.

"Nicki–"

"I got to use the bathroom." I stood up and walked
down the steps.

Charles maybe had a great point but I didn't want to face the music right now. I allowed my children to spend time with their grandfather until we had a bad argument recently.

He called himself setting me straight after words got back to him about my household. He felt that Queen shouldn't be around my kids simply cause of her line of "work." I necessarily didn't disagree but she also been a major help and contributed around the house.