Chapter 20: Talking To The Moon

"Queen" Knowles.

"Y'all good?" I asked them.

Mya smiled widely, giving me a thumbs-up while Khalil got more comfy on the bed. He'll be dozing off to sleep soon.

"Holla if you need me princess."

She nodded her head then reverted her attention on the Television Set. I stalked out and closed the door behind me.

"Ay, I got next on sticks." Shawn called out.

"Y'ALL NIGGAS CHEATING!"

"Shut up nigga, you just mad I'm tagging that ass, uh hun .. watch out .." Chris taunted, brushing his shoulder against him.

I glanced at shrek and donkey, bickering back and forth over the console. Thank to them, Ma's living room was starting to smell like funk ass and corn chips. I shook my head.

"Ay I got sticks next." Shawn commented.

"HELL NAHH! I called the drums first nigga–"

"Y'all niggas betta chill out and keep it down, kids in there sleep." I said.

I pulled out my phone and dailed Onika's number once again. "I'm sorry but the–"

I groaned out of frustration and slouched down at the island. So many thought ran through my mind as I tried to stay positive.

Maybe she had to work overtime?

Her phone died?

She lost track of time?

"Still not answering?" Dave asked.

I shook my head. "No .. keeps going to voicemail."

: You made it to the store yet?
Cableguy📺: I'm heading that way now boss.

"I'm sure everything is fine babes." Ma reassured, passing a plate of cookies.

There were so many things that could've occurred but something didn't feel right. Nicki doesn't miss my calls at all.

I couldn't even eat right without my mind drifting off to her again. This wasn't like her to not text or call especially hours after!

The hell?

"Ay quit pouting over shawty." Shawn said.

"Mind your business."

Ma took a seat across from me, grabbing a cookie from the plate and nibbled on it.

"Y'all going to be alright. She's probably lost track of time, bee bee." Ma reasoned.

"I don't know .. Ma this ain't like her, Nicki always answer my calls bruh."

"You need to be focus on our drop." He muttered.

I shot a dagger at him and ran my fingers through my hair. Ma touched my hand, weakly smiling, and rose to her feet.

"Oh– what in the hell? CHILE y'all better clean up this mess or I'm getting my belt!"