Chapter 32: You Oughta Know

-
8:11pm.

"Have a great day

"Have a great day."

I handed the customer his bags and waved at him when he left out of the store. Allison smiled at me and strolled to register.

"You sure overworking yourself today."

"I'm fine."

"Damn girl that's the fifth person within an hour."

"Eighth. " I corrected them.

"Same shit." Thelma shrugged grabbing her seat on one of the foam benches. "We all know you got a fione chocolate zaddy warming up that bed of yours."

"Bed ain't the only thing he's heating up." Haylie chortled

"Mm, that's probably why she's running through these hours like a tomb raider." Allison added.

"Y'all are too much for words." I chuckled.

Once the ringers went off, we returned to our respectable corners until we saw who walked in. I rolled my eyes hard and began cleaning my area.

"You know sweatpants are inappropriate."

"Just like that dragon breath of yours." Bey replied.

The girls let out "oohs" and "ahs" while Thelma scoffed at her witty remark. She was still hurt about Beyoncé putting their 'business' on front-street.

Thelma, like almost every other girl in NY, was so indulged with the image of having a baller on her arms. There was no shame in fucking your way to top especially if the person came with cash and good d!ck.

"So what can we do for you ma'am?"

"I'm here for pickup."

"At this time of night?" Haylie inquired.

"I fired my assistants, so I'm left with doing thangs on my own this time." She responded.

"What fucking assistant?" I mumbled.

"Mmm let me go get them for you." Haylie said, walking to the back, swaying her hips. "If you need another assistant, holla at your girl."

"Onika make sure to check off the order!"

I let out a harsh breath and massaged the back of my neck. Bey neared the register, allowing the so hardened tension between us to finally settle in.