Chapter 54: You and I

Onika Maraj.

It would had seem that fall season barely had the chance to settle in the way time was passing by. Holidays could strike at any hour.

Though it was good to spend quality time with family over the holidays, the only thing that had my mind in a blender was the grand opening of my clothing store.

I had more than enough money saved up to produce my unique clothing line. But finding great vendors and for a reasonable price, was such a hassle.

I wanted things to be ran smoothly and not be played
or overcharged either. Been planning since September and still was picking for straws..

"Wow! You outdone yourself girl."

"I keep trying to tell her." Lauren chimed in.

"Foreal! This place is off the chain and– ooh all of these pieces are made by you Nika?!" Charles exclaimed.

"Yes."

"Wow. Girl you definitely need to be in one of those magazines like Vogue or maybe Bazaar." He egged on.

I giggled. "Please don't gas me."

"Girl bye! You know it ain't nothing but the truth."

"So y'all really it?"

"Yes!" They rejoiced in unison.

A soft smile easily crept upon my face as I watched them fond over my design. It brought me so much comfort and credence to know others were proud.

It definitely released some pressure.

"Here you go." Gabrielle handed me a cup of coffee and sat on the couch. "You really hooked up the place."

"Thank you."

"Seriously you going to blow up and hit big."

"Gab."

"No girl. You about to be larger than Maria Bianchi."

"Eh I don't about allat." I cackled.

"Girl you betta start believing it then."

She bumped her shoulder against mine, beyond amped up about all of the big dreams I didn't really see for myself. Sure I was hoping my clothing sells well but bigger than Prada?

That's a far reach.

"So what else going on in this ghetto fabulous lifestyle of yours?"

"That part! I see you doing big things."

I shook my head. "One word. Living. Just living."

Candace and Charles looked at one another before bursting into laughter. The two widdle pigs had finally took time outta their "busy" schedule to visit me.

"Chi I done grew a few grey hairs since the last time I seen you so spill the tea." Charles persisted.

"Ain't nun but a lotta fucking goin on." Robyn spoke up.