Chapter 39: Broken Clocks

"Queen" Knowles.

"Right this way ladies

"Right this way ladies."

"Ooh this place so fancy." Nicki gushed.

"It better be all that and a bag of chips the way these menu prices setup." I grumbled.

Nicki slapped my arm and told me to hush as we followed the waitress to the small booth. I allowed her to sit down first then sat next to her.

"Can I offer you ladies anthing to drink?"

"Damn we just sat down."

"Beyoncé." She cut her eyes at me then politely smiled at the waitress. "I would like a lemon water and my girlfriend will take a sparkling-cider."

"Yes ma'am."

The waiter returned a smile and left us alone with bowl of bread. Soon as he was fully out-of-sight, she smacked my arm once again.

"Do you got to say whatever comes to mind?"

"Why you always tryna get physical with me?" I chortled, kissing her cheek. "You look good."

Nicki blushed and I noticed a shy smile slip out just when we both reached for a roll. Comfortable silence washed over as we studied the menu.

"What do you have in mind?" She inquired.

"I don't know. Half of this I can barely even pronounce but I'm going to choose the Lobster Pie."

"Wait! You never been here before?"

"Nah." I chuckled.

"Then why you even pick this restaurant babe?"

"I wanted to impress you."

She let out a cut giggle and grabbed ahold of my chin and pulled me into a open-mouthed kiss. I licked my lips soon as we darted away.

"You're so cute." She commented.

"Do it again." I giggled like a small child.

"No because then we'll be fucking right here in front of all these folks. I like the gesture baby, but we could've got a two-piece from Popeyes."

"Shoo, what's stopping us now girl?"

I rose up only to be snatched back down into my seat next to her. I busted out laughing while she blankly scolded at me briefly.