Chapter 35: Throw It Away

Onika Maraj.

I placed the bowl of popcorn and 2-liter soda on the coffee table. Mya ran out of the room with her stuffy bear tucked in her arms.

"Don't start without me Mommy!"

"I'm not I'm not." I cackled, beckoning her over to the long couch to my right. "Where's nugget?"

"Bathroom."

"Still?"

I then heard the toilet flush and little nugget stepped out, holding his stomach. I instantly pinched my nose as that nasty smell lingered in the living-room.

"Oh hell no!" I squealed. "Boy go spray!"

He laughed and grabbed the air freshener from the small cabinet underneath the sink. I re-sprayed once he returned to the couch.

What crawled in him and died?

"Mommy! Where did you go?" Mya whined.

"I'm coming. What movie we watching tonight?"

"Toy Story!"

"Star Shrek."

I furrowed my eyebrows and let out a low chuckle at their disagreement. Usually, we had the same tastebud when it came to movie night.

"I thought you loved toy story?"

"Eh not no more." He responded. "It's too long and I'm not into that stuff like that."

I smirked. "Oh wow. Really?"

"Yes, Mama. I'm growning up and—"

Someone knocked on the door and I held my hands up to pause the conversation. I waited for them to knock again before heading to the front.

"Y'all betta decide on a movie quick."

A smile danced on my lips as I fixed my hair and put some pep in my step. Nas agreed to join us for movie-night and I was quite excited. It was a great way to win the children over and spend time together all-in-one.

"I see someone's here early–?"

I gawked at the uninvited guest standing right in front of me, dressed nicely. Bey's hair was tied in a messy bun and she wore a oversized beige-red varsity cardigan, covering some of her cleavage, ripped skinny jeans and a pair of all-black Givenchy sneakers.

"What's up love. Expecting someone else?"

"What are you doing here?"

She cracked a smile and said, "Movie night? Now fix your face. I bought us some chinese food."

"You can't just pop up–"

Bey invited herself in and headed toward the living-room where the rest of the clan was. My nostrils was filled with a scent of Dolce Lily. I felt a involuntarily-smile tug at my lips and shook my head.

Darn girl wore my favorite fragrance.

"Bebe! You're here." They exclaimed in unison.