Chapter 37: Hate Our Love

One Week Later.

"Come on man! Stay on him!" I roared at the screen while moving the joysticks.

My butt was getting handed to me in this game between the Cavaliers and the Spurs. Any other day it'll be game over but not today.

"My nigga! A foul for fucking what?"

The door open and I heard her footsteps nearing the long couch where I was laying. I felt eyes on me but didn't turn around.

"Did you hear me?"

"Nah."

"Is Mom picking the kids up from school?"

"I don't know. Call and ask her." I responded.

"You know what!" She sassed, slapping the back of my head and sat at the end of the couch.

I quickly removed my leg from the couch and completely straightened up my posture. She smacked her lips, rolling her eyes hard at me.

"Really Beyoncé?"

"I'm just tryna give you some room."

"Seriously, how long you going to keep this up?"

"I ain't even doing nun." I cackled.

"That's the problem." Nicki whinged.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued playing the game without a care in the world. My phone vibrated a few texts messages popped up.

Ace♠️: Let's bake ✅
Ace♠️: Winery @12pm

Lauren: Aht! Speak to my friend
Lauren: Stop being a big meanie ☹

I glanced at my watch then placed my phone silent. No more distractions. I was catching up slowly but couldn't lose to no Cavs.

"Is your mom picking up the kids?" She restated.

"Eh probably."

"Mm. Where you going anyway?"

I smirked. "You ain't the only one with plans babygirl."

My eyes roamed all over her body and I couldn't help but to bite my lip softly. Too fine.

I stuck with a simple Nike-Tech jogging suit and white air forces whereas she went all out. Nicki flaunted in a green floral spaghetti-strap dress.

White Bottega heeled-sandals covered her feet and there were couple diamond accessories added to her wrist. Her jumbo curls flaunted beautifully.

"You're so gorgeous." I admitted.

Nicki tried covering her face but I still saw her blush and dimples flexed deeply. She glanced over at me and cracked a gleeful smile.

"I'm going to brunch with the girls."

"That's cool."

"What you about to get into today?" She asked.

"A couple moves."