~Chapter #12~

Vineet and Ruhana share a moment at the terrace. She asks him to forget all the bad incidents and start his life afresh. Vineet promises Ruhana that he will try to overcome, and be the same way as she wants him. Ruhana smiles and hugs him tightly, while he embraces her with his arms. He trails down the memory lane while still in Ruhana's embrace.

"It would have been better, if mom had divorced him." Vineet says.

Ruhana parts the hug and looks at him in surprise. She keeps her hands on his cheeks.

"What is this? What are you saying?" She asks.

"You're getting it right. Mom should have divorced him. I heard Maa(Ruhana's mother) telling Mom(Vineet's mother) about it. But, I was fascinated by my father. He used to get me toys, and I didn't know the reality, but I came to know it that very night." he says and turns around towards the railing. Ruhana stands by his side and keeps her hand on his. He closes his eyes and holds her hand in both of his while she looks at his face intently.

*Flashback Begins*

Vineet is playing with Ruhana. Both the kids are coloring in the color book. Their moms are talking sitting in the living room. Little Ruhana finished the drawing and rushes to both the ladies.

"Mumma! I am first. I finished the drawing before V!" she chuckles showing her drawing to both the ladies.

"Take the full name, baby!" her mom says.

"Noo! He's V fol me. Hai na?" she turns to Vineet as he stands by her side.

He nods his head positively, she chuckles. Both of them show their drawing and then Ruhana's mother asks them to watch television in the bedroom. The kids chuckle and run inside the room.

The ladies begin to talk, and meanwhile, Vineet comes out to pick the ball as they are playing in the room. He gets alert to some sounds,his mom is crying and Ruhana's mom is consoling her.

"Why are you here? Why don't you take Vineet and leave him?" Ruhana's mother asks his mother.

"No! I can't. Vineet loves him, he always waits for him. Kya bol ke le jaungi? Vineet apne papa se bahut pyar karta hai." his mother, Shivani cries.

"But shivani, you can't back off. You have to take a step. For Vineet, for your own good." Rekha, Ruhana's mother says.

"But how? Vineet doesn't know his real face. I know he loves me as well, but he is much attached to his dad, I can't do it, rekha!" Shivani cries.

"But you have to shivani. He can do anything, Vineet is a kid, he doesn't know the reality, but for his better, you have to take this step, Shivani. Otherwise, I'll have to take the step. Main sirf Ruhana ki hi nahi Vineet ki bhi Ma hun. I have the right. " Rekha says.

Shivani doesn't reply but cries in Rekha's embrace. Seven year old Vineet is surprised. He understands that his mom is talking about his father, but why is the other lady asking her to leave his dad!! What bad did his dad do? And most of all, why is his mom crying!?

"V - Vinu! Where are you? Let's finish the game." five year old Ruhana stands by his side.

"I am coming." he says and this breaks the trance of the ladies.

Shivani wipes her tears and Vineet rushes to his side.

"Mumma! Why are you crying?" He asks, he has already noticed her tears.

"Nothing, my son! Come on, finish your game, then we will go home. I have to purchase some items also." shivani says, patting Vineet's cheek.

"Aunty! Can I come with you?" Ruhana asks innocently and then looks at her mom.

"V promised me an ice cream." She says innocently and it makes the two ladies laugh.

"Dad will take you and your V! Let him come home." Rekha says.

"Noo! Ruhana wants to go with V and Aunty!" the little girl says.

"Okay okay! Let's go!" Shivani says and assures Rekha that she will drop her home safely.

Rekha agrees and Ruhana chuckles. She wears her sandals and holding either hands of both the kids, they leave the house.

*****

Later that night, shivani is making vineet sleep. But she's lost somewhere. Vineet holds his hand and the lady looks at him.

"Ma!" he calls her, it's the word which melts Shivani.

"Ma! Why are you crying? And why was Rekha Ma asking you to leave?" He asks innocently.

"It's nothing! She wants to take you to some place along with Ruhana." Shivani makes up a story.

"No! I am not going without you and Dad." he says innocently.

"Okay relax! I am not sending you anywhere! Now, please sleep. It's too late!" shivani asks her son.

Vineet looks at his mom, he isn't satisfied but he lets it go and sleeps in his mom's embrace. Later in the night, Vineet opens his eyes. He stretches his hand for his water tumbler but finds it empty. He moves out of his room to refill his favorite tumbler, when some painful sounds attract him. They are coming from his parents'room. He Peeps in and gets the worst shock of his life. His dad - who's his role model - he's beating his mom heinously. The timid lady can't even oppose her husband. Maybe, he's furious over the fact that she asked for divorce from him.

Little Vineet shivers at the loud voice of his dad and runs back to his room. He's very much fearful that he hides under his duvet, and falls asleep while crying. He's scared of his dad that he didn't talk to him for many days.

*Flashback Ends*

"Before I could ask Mom to leave him, Mom left me alone. She bore his torture for me, I can't forgive myself, Ruu!" He says, his eyes teary.

"It wasn't your mistake. It was fate. But, you have to grow past it, for me, for mom and dad. Please Vineet. Tum hi toh kehte ho, shivi aunty ke baad mumma ka haq hai tum pe, for her, please!" Ruhana says as she cups his cheek with one hand.

"But he hurt you too!" Vineet says.

"It's still in my memories, V! And i want my V, my Vinu back. I don't want those bad memories." Ruhana says.

Vineet looks at her and hugs her, hiding his face in the crook of her neck, while she smears his back. They embrace each other, still floating in the past.

To Be Continued.

Will vineet come out of his past?

Stay tuned.