~Chapter #57~

Life seems good. Ruhana is elated that Vineet is healing. They have finished their exams and now, they’re ready for the fest. Just a few days and there will be a fest in the next week. She’s elated and planning the fest. She’s on the call with her best friends, Priyanka and Shubhi. The girls are chiding Ruhana as she’s filling them with all the information.

Shubhi and Priyanka know about her feelings for Vineet. They keep teasing her as she stays by his side instead of being with them. They also know about Vineet, all that Ruhana has told them. They also know him personally, as they keep visiting her home and he stays close by.

“I am glad, he’s changing.” Ruhana chuckles on the phone.

“Yess! I am going to ask him. He said that he will think about it.” Ruhana says on the phone.

“He will agree, I know him. Initially, he won’t agree, but he will!” she chuckles again.

Ruhana laughs at something that her friends say and then pretends to scold them.

“Shut up, you two! Nothing of that sort will happen. Vineet will get out and do everything. He promised me, so you people stop intimidating him.” Ruhana says over the phone.

They talk for some more time and she cuts the call. She smiles to herself and looks at the message that Shubhi sent her. It is the list of programs that will be held in the annual fest. There’s also a fashion show which is exciting to many people in the college. Ruhana and her friends are also planning to participate in the fashion show. They have also decided to visit the college to acquire the required knowledge about the fest.

She sits on the bed when her eyes fall on Vineet who’s standing at the door of her room. He’s leaning on the wall and his eyes are fixated on Ruhana. She raises her eyebrows asking him the matter at which he smiles.

“What are you up to, silent boy?” Ruhana asks teasingly.

“Hey, stop calling me that!” Vineet sounds a little irked.

“I will not stop!” She begins to tease him.

“You’re no more a kid, Ruhana.” Vineet says making a face.

“Yeah, I know. But I wanna be a kid. You’re enough to be mature.” Ruhana makes a face.

“But, grow up! You’ll be a graduate soon. You should learn…” He says but Ruhana cuts him as he begins to lecture.

“You should learn to act childish sometimes. Life is not a straight line, Vinu. There are different small lanes, different visuals and different emotions that we should imbibe in ourselves.” Ruhana smiles softly.

“It’s not that easy, Ruu. Life is not so easy that you take it for granted.” Vineet says.

“Who says we are taking it for granted? Vinu, I’m just saying that life is difficult but we make it complicated. And you’ve started to untangle all the complications, I am glad for that, Vineet.” Ruhana says softly.

Vineet stays silent at the moment. He knows she’s right and he’s been trying hard to come out of the shell that he has created around himself. Ruhana looks at him.

“Vineet, I am glad you’re trying. Remember that life is hard, but we can make it easy by living it fully. You’ve gotta try and I know you can do it.” Ruhana says and cups his face softly.

“Thank you for trying, Vineet. And believe me, things will be fine, soon.” Ruhana says and smiles at him.

“Why are you so sure?” Vineet asks softly.

“I trust you, Vineet. You know that life is a maze. And we need to look at the bright side. You’ve started to come out of your shell and I am glad about it. So, you have to keep trying.” Ruhana says softly.

“I am trying my best, Ruu. The way you asked, I am trying to come out. But….” he says and pauses while Ruhana looks at him.

“Things will happen eventually, Vineet. Also, wanted to ask you something. Will you take part in the guitar competition?” Ruhana looks at him.

“I don’t know, Ruu. I also don’t want to disappoint you. But, I can’t decide myself.” Vineet says honestly.

“You have to decide, Vineet. And you should do that. You can’t live in a shell. You can’t let the past dawn upon you. You should try more.” Ruhana says, she’s concerned about her best friend.

“Ruu, you are right. I’ve realised that you’re the sunshine of my life. You’re the only one who keeps me sane all the time. Maa, dad and you are the only ones who’ve always stood by my side. You were right, Ruu. We have to be happy for the people whom we love, we should be there.” Vineet says and pauses at the moment.

“I was there, but not fully. It felt like a responsibility but you did everything for me. You left things which you love only for me. That’s a late realisation, Ruu, but I am glad I could realise. Maa does the same. And she told me the same. “ Vineet says, boring his eyes into Ruhana’s.

“I am really happy to hear that. You are trying and it matters to me. Your friends, my friends do not see it the way we do. I am happy that you have started to look at our relationship like I do. Thank you, Vineet.” She says and hugs him, embracing him in her arms.

Vineet tightens his grip around her waist. These two share a special bond that their parents also know. Ruhana is delighted to learn that Vineet thinks in the same way right now. They remain in the hug for some good minutes, Ruhana wants this moment to never end, but every thing has an end, she knows. They part the hug and Ruhana cups Vineet’s face.

“You’ve granted the biggest happiness to me, Vineet. I am just so happy that you’ve come out of your shell. I know, in no time, things will fall at their places. It will be easier for both of us.” Ruhana chuckles.

He smiles and he knows that she’s being honest. He holds her hands and squeezes them lightly.

“I will try my best to not let you down. I have done it in the past, Ruu, but not now, I promise.” He says.

Ruhana smiles and assures him of his decision and further, Vineet adds something that leaves Ruhana touched and astonished.

To Be Continued.

What did Vineet say?

Stay tuned.