~Chapter #29~

Vineet is astonished by Ruhana’s behaviour. She didn’t pick up his calls and it has worried Ruhana. He sighs deeply as he sits on his bed in his hotel room. He doesn’t know how to convince Ruhana? It seems hard at the moment.

He wanders over the words she said a little while ago. Maybe, he expected this. Her words have told him that she has lost her patience. She has lost her faith, her trust in him. He knows he's the reason for her tears. But, he is unable to do what she desires from him.

The night passes in a blur and Vineet didn’t sleep the whole night. He gets dressed and moves out of the room leaving Rohan asleep. As he walks out of his room, he finds Ruhana running down the stairs. He tries to catch up with her but she vanishes in a second.

Vineet sighs deeply. He had got a good chance to talk to her but he missed it. He moves into the garden in the hope to find Ruhana but she is not there. He looks at the swing on which she was sitting the other night, but she’s not there as well. He calls her another time but there is no response from Ruhana. He closes his eyes for a brief moment and then opens them. He moves to the restaurant to have a coffee and as he walks inside, his lips curve into a smile. He spots Ruhana sitting on the corner table.

He moves to her and calls her by her name but the girl doesn’t respond. He sits on the chair and taps on the table but the girl doesn’t respond again. He then keeps his hand on hers. His touch breaks her trance and she looks at her.

“Ruhana…” he takes her name but she looks to the other side.

“Ruhana, I am sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Vineet says.

“Don’t say sorry! Don’t say it ever again!!” Ruhana says coldly.

“Ruu! You know me…” he begins to speak but Ruhana shushes him.

“I thought, I did. You know what, I was wasting my time behind you. And what do you give me? Your silence and your scolds when I ask you anything. Why do I have to bear your silence, Vineet? I just can’t understand you, Vineet! I can’t!” Ruhana says in a cold tone.

Vineet is astonished and before he could speak further, Ruhana cuts him for another time and looks into his eyes.

“And as I said, I won’t coax you. You are free. You can talk to Rohan, Rhea or the professors, but not me. And please! Ab tumhe mere saamne shant rehne ki bhi zaroorat nahi hain. Kyunki main ab tumse koi sawal nahi karungi. In fact, tumse baat bhi nahi karungi. You’re free to talk to that Rhea!!! The one who clings on you, and don’t blame me if she does something you don’t like.” Ruhana says softly yet sternly.

“Ek baat zaroor yaad rakhna tum. Har koi Ruhana jaisa nahi hoga is duniya mein. Rhea toh waise bhi tumse chipakti rehti hain. Wo thodi na meri tarah tumhara silence samajhti hain. She keeps on repeating things, main toh tumhari ek nazar se chup ho jati hun na. Aur na hi har koi tumhare hisab se chalega. Main toh soch rahi thi tumhe time dungi, tumhe space dungi toh tumhara har secret jaan paungi. Socha tha itna vishwas toh tum mujhpe karoge hi ki apna dard, apni takleef mujhse baanto, na ki us model queen Rhea ya us Rohan se jo apni girlfriend ke liye tumhe akela chod deta hai. Par main tumhare kaabil hoon hi nahi, tumne kabhi mujhe itna kaabil samjha hi nahi ki tumhara dard samajh sakun, main hi paagal jaisi apni life barbaad kar rahi hoon tumhare peeche. Par ab aisa nahi hoga. Ab tumhe bhi Ruhana ka silence sehna hoga, tumhe wo dard sehna hoga jo main roz sehti hun jab tum mujhe dantte ho ya chup rehne ko kehte ho.” Ruhana says sharply and leaves the cafetaria.

Vineet is astonished at the choice of her words. He walks behind Ruhana to stop her but Ruhana gives him a stern look and runs towards her room. They have to leave for another day of the tour in an hour and Ruhana wants to calm herself.

She walks into the room and finds her friends getting ready. Priyanka looks at her and asks teasingly.

“Did you go to meet Vineet? Can’t you stay a few hours without seeing him?” Priyanka says teasingly.

“No! I was having coffee. And about Vineet!! Let’s close that topic for a while! It’d be good for us!” Ruhana smiles, or say, fakes a smile at her friends.

“What? You’re saying this? I mean how did it happen?” Shubhi joins in the conversation.

“It happened! Because I have decided not to overcare! That’s what you guys always wanted from me, right! Now, stay happy! Get ready, we’ll head back to have some breakfast. It’s gonna be a long day.” Ruhana says as she picks her sling bag and packs the things she’ll need for the day.

Priyanka and Shubhi share a glance. They know that something is wrong but they didn’t bother to ask. They get ready and leave for the restaurant where other students have also gathered. Ruhana and her friends take breakfast and they all are set to go on another adventure. As they board the bus, Vineet tries to talk to her but Ruhana ignores him while he’s surprised or, it would be apt to say that he’s restless and it has been just an hour since Ruhana is not talking to him.

He has to find ways to convince her, to get back her trust.

He needs to change, surely.

To Be Continued.