~Chapter #39~

Ruhana and Vineet have reconciled their issues. He has promised her that he will be the person she wants him to be. He will open his heart to her and will become a better person, only for her. After all, she has done a lot for him.

Ruhana’s eyes twinkle with joy as he promises her that he will become the person that she wants him to be. She hugs him as the words leave his mouth but she also warns him that he should not break his promise, to which he agrees. The girl looks at him with hopeful eyes, she wants to believe this man sitting beside her. He has been true to his words, but when it comes to himself, he steps back. She hopes that he will keep the promise that he has made to her.

Vineet makes her sit properly on the bed and orders a plate of pasta and a chocolate waffle for her in her room only. Ruhana is astonished because they’ll have to bear the expenses for the same. And their professors might scold them. He comforts her with a smile.

“Relax! Koi kuch nahi kahega. Trust me. Tumne lunch bhi nahi kiya. Aur fir pain killer bhi lena hain. Nahi toh kal RD ka concert kaise attend karogi?”Vineet raises his eyebrows at his best friends.

“R.D!!! Hum jayenge? Really?” Ruhana chuckles loudly.

“Yes, after all, you’ve got the VIP passes for the same. And you won’t leave me alone!” Vineet says, a smile is gracing his lips.

“Oh yes! I just love him! Roshan Dhandekar! Ah! He got a soulful voice.” Ruhana chuckles, grinning widely.

“Ooh! I didn’t know you love him so much. I thought it’s only me about whom you’re concerned.” Vineet makes a face at Ruhana, causing her to stare at him.

“I do, And I’ll do that forever, only if you agree to it and be the one I want. And my RD!!! Yes, I love him, because you can’t sing like him. Samjhe!” Ruhana makes a face, her facial expressions turning funny from serious.

“Oh yeah! But I can play the guitar well, you know.” Vineet says showing his importance.

“Yeah, but not better than my RD. And no more comments! Otherwise, I will kill you. Get it!
“ Ruhana rolls her eyes while Vineet laughs at her words.

No, he’s not making fun of her but the girl’s admiration is making him smile. Yes, that’s her habit, she can’t hear any bad about the people she loves or likes. RD aka, the singer and musician, Roshan Dhandekar is unknown to her but she loves his voice, maybe, she feels a soothing connection. With Vineet, she is always at peace. He knows that when they sit on the terrace at night, they hardly talk, it’s the silence and their mutual feelings that do the talking. He respects this habit of hers yet, sometimes, her annoyed faces make him smile.

Vineet steps out of his trance with her voice telling him that there’s someone at the door. He opens the door and it’s their order. Vineet takes the order and thanks the young guy. He makes his way back to where Ruhana is and places the tray on the table. They take in the aroma when she looks at him excitedly.

“I smells yummy! I can’t wait to dig in it.” Ruhana chuckles excitedly.

“It’s all yours, have it and take your medicines too.” He says and keeps the painkiller on the table.

“You’re leaving? There’s no one! Come and have some food. I know, you must be hungry too. And this is too much for one person.” Ruhana says while Vineet just smiles.

He might be making up for what he did with her but she is calling him by her side, like always. She directs him to his bag and asks him to fetch it. He follows her command, he doesn’t want to upset her by not listening to her.

Ruhana takes out two paper plates from her bag which contain more eatables. Vineet is astonished while Ruhana smiles.

“Mumma packed this. She knew we might feel hungry. There was no space in your bag so she kept it here. And there came no chance that we needed these. But see, they had their luck, we’re using them.” Saying so, she giggles and serves pasta in two plates.