~Chapter #35~

Ruhana informs Vineet that their professor is calling for him. She doesn't talk about anything else and turns to join her friends. Vineet runs after her and apologises genuinely but he is surprised that Ruhana responds in another way round. She refuses to talk to him. She straightly denies. Instead, she tells him that she will follow his commands but she doesn’t want to take any grudges. Vineet is astonished at her words but the girl leaves his side and joins her friends.

Vineet sighs and moves towards Professor Shah, one of the four professors who are accompanying them. There is a long list of places they have to visit. It has been 5 days of the trip already. Vineet and the class representatives take the charge.
Vineet heads to the bus, the same one with Ruhana. He looks at her, but surprisingly, the girl didn’t pay any heed to Vineet.

He sighs, a long day lies ahead.

*****
The day passes in a blur as they visit a lot of places, they re-visited the planetarium and of course, Juhu Beach. As they return back to the hotel around 7:30 PM. The girls are quite tired, They freshen up, have their dinner and now they are resting by the swing in the garden.

The crisp, chill winds are making the atmosphere cool. Usually, in the city Mumbai, the atmosphere is always  humid but today, the environment is cool. And therefore, the girls are chuckling now despite being tired. And, right now, they are talking about the guests in the hotel. Apart from the people of their college, there are only fewer guests in the hotel. Ruhana twirls on the wet grass.

“Girls, I feel like we own this place, this hotel. I mean, it has been 5 days since we have arrived here, but I haven’t seen any new face here in this hotel.” Ruhana says.

“I think, all the rooms are filled with our team only. Haha!” Shubhi says, ending her statement with a giggle.

“Yeah! Because we’re always here after dinner. And here, I only find familiar faces. Thanks to Ruu.” Priyanka says as she pushes the swing in a  blink.

“Arey! Both of you also enjoy being here. Don’t blame me.” Ruhana rolls her eyes at her BFFs.

Shubhi and Priyanka giggle at her words and then Priyanka looks at Ruhana. She knows that her friend is angry with Vineet. She thinks of something and then looks at her girl pal.

“We should blame Vineet, no! You always think about him. You sit here waiting for him. You can’t sleep without getting his glimpse.”Priyanka says.

“Oh yeah! He’s left no place for us. He’s occupied both your heart and mind.” Shubhi says teasingly and looks at Ruhana.

The girl is suddenly feeling a rage building inside her. Why do they have to bring Vineet in every topic? Weren’t they the ones complaining that Ruhana is not giving time to them? She’s spending all of her time with Vineet. Now, when she’s here, spending her time, giggling, talking and gossiping with her best friends, they bring him — Vineet, amidst their conversation.

Ruhana might be an easy person to melt when Vineet says sorry, she knows he apologises heartily. But, she can’t keep on forgiving him. She can’t let him hurt her again. She looks at her friends.

“Why do you guys have to bring him into our conversation? Didn’t I make it clear that I don’t want to talk about him?” Ruhana asks, anger dripping in her tone.

“ But Ruu….” Priyanka says.

“We ….we were just teasing you. Obviously, you can’t stay without him, can you?” Shubhi rolls her eyes at Ruhana.

“I am, Shubhi! It’s been one long day. Besides, I can’t let him do whatever he wishes, I can’t bear his scoldings in front of other people or see him talking to others and when I want to talk, he goes on his silent mode. So, I think, it is necessary for him.” Ruhana says bluntly.

“But, he’s being genuine. He was sad, yaar. At least listen to him.” Priyanka says, trying to convince her.

“Yeah, and then let him hurt me again. Just 5 days ago, he promised me that he will try to change. But he didn’t. Usne toh is trip ka maza hi kharab kardiya. Main uski baaton mein aa gayi,  I thought that he will keep his words, but he didn’t! Infact, he scolded me in front of other seniors. Don’t I have any self-respect? Or I am just a laughing gag?” Ruhana counter-questions her friends.

Yes! Vineet did promise her. He tried to keep his promise, but he couldn’t. She’s right, and she has the right to be angry. Ruhana casts one look at her friends and moves inside the hotel. Her mood has dampened again. Sighing, Shubhi and Priyanka also follow her to their room, unknown to the fact that Vineet has heard all their talks.

His eyes are teary, yes, he didn’t keep his promise, he didn’t change. To win her back, he needs to mend his ways and open up to this girl who is his sunshine.

He’s determined, maybe, this time, he is being genuine and he gears up himself to apologise to this girl again.

To Be Continued.

Ruhana is angry for the fact that Vineet didn't keep his promise.

Will Vineet be able to convince Ruhana?

Will she forgive him?

Stay tuned.