~Chapter #4~

Ruhana leaves the house in a jiffy. She's very angry with Vineet. She has seen him grow up, being silent. Her only wish is to get her best friend back. It's not that she doesn't understand him or his feelings, it's just the variation of understanding. She wants him to laugh and enjoy the life like before. There's nothing wrong in it. Vineet needs to grow out of his sadness and start afresh.

Ruhana walks towards the park in the society. It's her safe place near the pool that's there in the park. Whenever she's sad or angry, she comes here and sits for a while. Today, her anger  is on her best friend. Just a mere word caused her anger to fire up. The only reason is that she's served his silence daily. She sits on the bench near the pool. She watches as the water flows. Her mother's words echo in her ears. She used to say that water keeps on flowing, you'll not find the same drop of water again. Every drop will be new. She agrees.

Now, she understands that it's the same with Life.

Your age won't return. You'll grow up, from a kid to an adolescent, to a middle age person, and then grow old. You have to live all the ages with the same zest. You have to be playful and curious in your life just like a little child is. Life is hard, but you have to overcome the obstacles and lead a life of your choice. It's your life, it's better to live it on your own conditions.

Ruhana sighs as her trail of thoughts pauses with a sound. She looks up only to find a few children in the pool. One of the kids who knows her asks her to join them in the pool. She denies, politely. She sighs as she watches them play in the water. A small smile makes way on her lips. Vineet should learn to live life from these little children. She remembers his words,but it only hurts her.

She always wants him to be happy, but he chooses silence. Today, she has also decided to be silent. She won't talk to him. If he can serve silence to her, then she can do the same. After all, it's her who's getting hurt at the end of the day, all because of his rudeness and silence. She spots an ice cream stall and moves towards it. She purchases a chocolate cone & pays the money to the  vendor. A familiar voice falls in her ears.

"You'll catch cold, princess." It's Vineet who came there.

He knows her, and knows where he will find her. She ignores and begins to have her ice-cream. He follows her until they reach the pool area. She sits on the bench and continues to have her ice-cream while scrolling the applications on her phone. Vineet sits beside her.

"Sorry Ruhana." he says softly.

Ruhana glances at Vineet and he smiles cutely. Well, his smile is enough to melt her heart, but today, she is not going to melt. She has decided to make him realise how it feels when your loved ones hurt you. She turns to the other side again. She can hear his loud sigh.

"Ruhana! I am sorry!" he apologises again.

" Don't say sorry, Vineet. You never mean it." Ruhana retorts.

"I mean it, Princess. You know me. I promise it won't happen again. " He says softly.

His voice is pained. He knows what this girl means to him. She's his only best friend, but his sunshine as well. She has been by his side always, right since her birth. When she was born, he promised to protect her. She takes care of his happiness, his likes & dislikes and even makes him smile. It seems like his smile is her treasure. But, today the pretty girl is angry. It won't be easy to convince her. Vineet changes his side and sits in front of her. She turns away her face.

"Ruhana, sorry! Please understand. If you won't understand me, then who will?" he asks while looking into her eyes.

"Have you ever tried to understand me, Vineet? Whenever I say that please tell me if anything is bugging you, you always scold me. You don't tell me anything. You always serve silence to me. Then what should I do? Is understanding your silence my task? Tell me? When you don't feel that I am able to understand you, then why should I understand you?? "  Ruhana says, scolding him.

" I fight with everyone. I leave my parties with my friends just to be with you. I choose you over my own life. And what do I receive? Silence! " She looks at him angrily.

" Even I miss aunty. She always took care of me in mum's absence. She used to make my favorite cuisines more than mumma. She was the one to hold me in her arms, before my own mom, Vineet. I know I can't fill her presence. But can't you get out of it?? It's been 12 years." She chides him.

Vineet sighs. He knows she's right. Their moms have taken care of their either children. It's Ruhana's dad who used to take him on outings. Her mother used to cook his favorite sweets, while his mother used to cook her favorite dishes. After his mom's demise, Ruhana's mom has taken care of him. Even at nights, it used to be him, who's snuggling close to her. He should move on. But he isn't. He doesn't know how to answer her.

"Speak something, Vineet. You know I am right, don't you?" she asks looking at him.

"It's not easy." he whispers.

She looks at him and finds him hanging his head down. She lifts her face to make him look at herself.

"Look at me. Why it isn't easy? Vineet, you're hurting your mom like this. She didn't raise a weak boy. My best friend isn't this weak. I want my friend back. The one who protects me, takes me out at night, the one who gets me icecreams. You're that one. Your smile makes my day, Vineet. And what do you do? You hurt me. " She says as she stands up from the bench.

" Think about your doings, Vineet. Mom, dad and me, we want you to be happy. Dad trusts you. Don't you think, you should move on in life. We are there. I am there to hold your hand. " She says.

Vineet doesn't reply. She looks at him for another time.

"Fine! You don't want to answer, then don't talk to me. Stay with your silence, forever." She says and leaves the place, while Vineet is lost in his own thoughts.

To Be Continued.