~Chapter #8~

Ruhana finishes writing her diary entry. She's hurt with Vineet and so, she writes about him, about how she wants him back in her life. Her eyes fall on the picture placed on the side table. It's her picture with Vineet. She caresses the picture lovingly and  trails down the memory lane, where they were happy. She comes out of her trance on his voice.

“Ruhana, Be early tomorrow!  Finally, what you want is happening! "  he says.

She hears his deep voice coming from near the door. She looks up at him, a feeling of happiness starting to bubble inside her heart.  Merely, his presence makes her happy.

She looks at him standing taking support of the door.  Though they are going out on a trip, but his eyes show no emotion,yet again. He is a quiet person these days, totally opposite of what he was in their childhood. She pats her hand on the space  near her, gesturing him to sit down. So he did.

“Yeah, I’ll be ready. I am really excited for tomorrow. We'll get ourselves registered tomorrow. Finally, we’re going on a tour.” she says.

She speaks excitedly to cheer him up but he smiles slightly. She looks at him keenly, trying to read his expressions.

"Though I am angry with you!!" she says.

"What did I do, Ruu?"  he asks, thinking she'll forget the trifle they had a while ago.

" You always forget Vineet. You have duties, so you agreed.. But you didn't agree for me."  She complains.

"Ruhana!" he takes her name.

Her name in his deep voice always excites her, but today she knows that he is irritated. She knows he will never share his feelings.  But she wants him to open up and share all his pain, sorrow and fears hidden in his heart. She moves closer to him and ruffles his hair and looks in his eyes.

“Aren’t you happy? We’re going on a trip!!"  She asks, taking his hands in hers, giving it light tug.

“you’re happy? "  he glances at her to which she shakes her head positively and slaps him lightly on his cheek.

“ofcourse I’m happy. Finally Mom and dad permitted to go out. Though , I know its because you’re also going on the trip.”  She sighs sadly while he smiles.

“So, I’m also happy.”  He replies looking at her, removing a curl of hair to  loop it behind her ear. She always seems so beautiful to him.

She smiles and hugs him, while he too, hugged her locking his arms around her petite waist.

"then come out of your shell, Vineet. Please! I want my best friend back." she says, keeping her head on his shoulder, while he pats her head softly.

Vineet takes a deep sigh and glances at Ruhana, who has her eyes closed, her head on his shoulder. He trails back into the past when she entered his life.

Ruhana  has been a bubbly girl since her childhood. She never worried for anyone, neither listened to her parents. The only person she listened to is Vineet. It seems that they are perfect for each other. Because , Vineet being short tempered , always calms down if Ruhana is around. And she always believes him, whether he's right or wrong, didn’t matter to her.

This friendship began when Ruhana was born. Vineet was 2 years older to her and he cared for her since she was a little baby. He was happier when his mother told him that he will soon get a new friend to play with. He started making plans of what to keep for his friend and what to share. Their mothers often laughed at him when he used to pick up his toys and keep it for his new friend.

Vineet grew protective and caring for Ruhana over the years. She, too loved being around him. She would do pranks just to irritate him or tease him. He never got irritated with her pranks , actually he loved it. Whenever she sat down like a good girl , he knew something was wrong.

Even he, like every good boy, used to approach her and ask her the problem. She would look at him, and would hug him the next moment blurting out everything. He smeared her back  to make her calm. Eventually, she would calm down and smile. He seemed happy to make her feel relax!

But as they say, Time never remains the same. So happened in their life. No! Actually Vineet’s life. His parents happened to be separated. The reason being, his father’s harshness and rudeness towards him and his mother. Sometimes, he would come home drunk and would fight with his mother. Adding to this , an accident happened which took his mom away from him. He was completely shattered. How it would affect to a little boy, who was merely 9 years old. His parents’s divorce and then his mom’s death shattered him. Even when his father came to take him, he shouted on him saying that he couldn’t love him the way his mother did, actually he never loved them. He was happy staying with Ruhana and her family.

He was living with Ruhana and her parents, though he was lost. He would get irritated when she teased him, sometimes, he would  shout at her making her sad. She knew he was sad, so she always tried to cheer him up.

His trance is broken when Ruhana nudges him. He finds her staring at him. He parts the hug, glances at her and asks her to rest as they have to leave early for the college. They have to go for registration and other formalities. She nods her head like a little girl while he smiles lightly. He places a soft kiss on her forehead and leaves the room.

She watches him go. She wants him back in her life, to see him smile and laugh like he used to in their childhood. He just needs to trust and love again. She promises herself to make this ten day tour  life changing for him.  She caresses his picture, hugs it close to her heart and dozes off into her dream world.

To Be Continued.

What happened to Vineet in past??

Stay connected.