Nagito comforts a depressed Reader

· In all honesty, it was a rather lovely day. Winter was showing signs of ending, not quite cool or warm. A breeze gently rolled past, lightly rustling the leaves. There were scarcely any clouds in that endlessly deep blue sky.

· A lovely day...

· And yet...

· You strolled along the path with no particular destination, just like your life. Just moving because you were born, no other reason. No ambition. No pride. No dreams. And yet you were called 'super high school level', 'ultimate'... what the hell did those mean anyway? Did you have a path now? Just follow wherever your talent led? Was that your only choice now? Well, you already screwed that up so probably not. Sighing, you continued to walk along, getting absorbed in the blue sea that hung above you.

· Walking along the road you listened to the tapping of your and others' foot falls against the stone sidewalk. Your head was just empty. Anything absorbed your attention, consuming everything. It felt like you were underwater. You were aware of your surroundings, but it was all blurry, not able to fully comprehend what was around you unless you bothered to reach out, but even then there was something in the way, whether it be the water or yourself.

· Suddenly you and someone else crashed into one another. "A-ah, I'm so sorry!" You managed to squeak that out seeing the other person had fallen to the ground.

· Great, you screwed up, again.

· Like always.

· Your vision blurred, tears percolating in the corners of your eyes. Before the stranger could say anything, you dashed away. Leaving him to watch as your silhouette faded into the distant crowd. "Huh? What's this?"

· Damn it. This was so dumb. You shouldn't be crying over this! It was just a little accident... You tried taking deep breaths to ease yourself but it all just kept welling up. Everything. All the stresses, all the fear, all the confusion and sadness. You couldn't stop or hold back any of it anymore. Even as your breathing hitched, wiping the continuous tears away, you kept walking.

· Then you heard something. A bird? A seagull. And... waves. Following the sounds, you found yourself leaving the quiet streets for the seaside. The beach seemed to stretch for miles while the ocean was endless, the horizon being nonexistent, the sea and sky appearing to be one and the same. The wind was much more powerful than before carrying that salty scent wherever it went. The shore and town were on separate elevations, only when you had found a small staircase and descended did you see there was a small area of grass separating the sand and the stone settlement of the town. It all appeared so grey or at least muted in color. Perhaps it was because of the patches of snow that sill sat on the grass, refusing to melt even under the sun's rays. There was not a soul around, just you.

· Not wanting to deal with the aftermath of sand getting stuck in your shoes you took them off, walking barefoot along the shoreline, the foaming water lapping at your feet. It was freezing. Then you sat, hugging your knees to your chest, the waves occasionally reaching your toes.

· You never realized just how noisy the beach was even when no one was around.

· ...

· It even sounds like it's screaming sometimes...

· Screaming that kept getting louder with each second...

· Okay, what was-

· The noise came to a stop when a boy suddenly appeared beside you. From the marks behind him it seemed he slid face first against the sand! "A-are you okay, sir?" "I'm fine, just some bad luck." You tried helping him up, gently pulling him by his arm. "Um, you sure? You look... hurt." He was absolutely banged up, covered in scratches and bruises. His clothes were covered in sand, lightly tattered, absolutely disheveled. There were even leaves and some trash in his hair. "Really, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Then it seemed he noticed something. "Are you okay though?" "Huh!? U-uh..." "Probably not, you started crying when we bumped into each other earlier." "You're the same guy!?" You never took a good look at the person, but what you vaguely remember was similar to this guy, most notably the white hair. "I'm so sorry!" "Hey, hey, it's okay. I don't mind. You seem to be having a rough day." "I... I..." Your voice quieted and waivered. "I guess you could say that." You couldn't stop the tears forming in your eyes, you turned back to the nonexistent horizon wanting to pretend you were trying to hide it.