Hajime and Rantaro sing to comfort their S/O

Hajime Hinata:

· You always overthought everything. No matter what you did or said, moments later you'd just think it over and over and over again. Often this cycle lead to the not so great result of you panicking turning a simple greeting to a person, into you worrying, thinking maybe you insulted the person. Your mind tended to take more pessimistic lines of thinking which certainly didn't help.

· It was a bad habit of yours to overthink everything, but it had it's perks. Often when others were making plans you'd realize things they never thought of. It saved you and Hajime from being caught outside during the rain when on a date more times than either of you could count. It was an aspect of you Hajime was rather found of, though he didn't like how it troubled you sometimes.

· After years of dating Hajime knew the two best ways to help you were to either get you to think of something else, or talk out the various scenarios you came up with, you soon laughing at yourself with how extreme your imagination could go before letting go of the subject.

· Thankfully these were both things he could still do long distance. Since he joined Hope's Peak he had to move away and live in the dormitories on campus. After school he'd call and talk with you. You'd chat about whatever either of you wanted.

· One day after school Chiaki noticed he was rather spacey and asked what was wrong. He simply said he missed his partner and wanted to chat with you, which... it was true, to an extent. He knew he couldn't speak of it, of the experiment Hope's Peak had offered to him, the most plain, unremarkable student at the school. An experiment that could turn him into a different person, the Ultimate Ultimate. He couldn't tell you, but... this was a lot to take in. Even if he couldn't tell you, he just wanted to hear you. Maybe he could give a vague scenario like his and ask for your over analysis of it. Or maybe just not think of it, just laugh about nothing and momentarily and go back to it with a clearer head later.

· He sat on his bed, just staring at his phone. Taking a deep breath, he tapped the call button. He listened to that ringing drone on in his hear, holding the device to it. One ring, two rings, three rings, fo- click. "Ah, hey Hajime. Not gaming with Nanami today?" "No, I want to be with you right now. Though you sound a bit... on edge." "Heh, heh. Yeah, one blunder after another." He heard the rubbing of some fabric on your end, likely you flopping onto your bed, looking exhausted as you snuggle into the pillows as you so often did when your overthinking became overwhelming, where you were just stuck in your head and couldn't escape.

· Alright so talking through it all may be a bit too taxing for you right now, so distraction. But what to do? Send you a funny video? A meme? Maybe send you a song? Oh maybe... Maybe he could sing? That way he wouldn't have to cut the call short, and who knows maybe he'd sing so horribly he could draw a laugh from you. Hajime didn't have much going for him, but one thing he did have, was determination, and he was determined to help alleviate your stresses.

· Admittedly this was rather embarrassing, but if it was for you, he'd do whatever it took.

· He started off softly humming nothing in particular just, feeling his way though this new experience, he never sang or at least never sang much before this moment. Soon he opened his mouth allowing the words to some song on the radio that kept playing recently to slip out. It wasn't perfect, he forgot the lyrics part way through and fumbled when switching to some other song with a similar sound. Though unsure what he was doing, he still tried, a stubbornness in himself he never could quite shake, even if it got him into trouble when he was little.

· Suddenly he was cut off, a sneeze startling him to silence. "Sorry Hajime." "Huh, no, no. Don't be sorry." You still sounded haggard. You thanked him and started talking about the latest volume of your favorite manga series you had read that day. He should have known. He should have known that someone like him couldn't do much. Maybe, if he were the Super High School Level Singer, he truly could have eased you.