Chapter 3: Suddenly A Mother (3)

When Dudu saw that Ye Fan did not respond, he asked again, “Mama, do you understand?”

Finally learning this new feat, Ye Fan helped him put on the diaper smoothly.

Ye Fan put her hands under Dudu’s armpit and carried him up to kiss him on the cheek.

“Thank you for teaching me, baby.”

Ye Fan brought many surprises to Dudu. She was usually not so close to him.

However, the exceptions came one after another.

Dudu rubbed Ye Fan’s face with his own contentedly.

At that moment, the phone in her bag suddenly rang. Dudu pointed towards the source of the sound.

“Mama, hello.”

Dudu made a phone gesture like he had seen other people do before.

Ye Fan stroked the baby’s chubby little cheek.

There was the light scent of milk on his body, and he was both soft and small.

Ye Fan praised him. “Dudu is very smart.”

The chubby little guy could understand that Ye Fan was praising him. A shy smile formed on his face, revealing a pair of dimples.

Ye Fan set Dudu down on the sofa and took the phone out of her bag.

When she saw the caller ID on the phone screen, Ye Fan’s eyes turned dark.

After talking with Dudu for so long, she nearly forgot.

After what happened between the original Ye Fan and the Film Emperor, He Han, she signed a contract, agreeing to become Tang Jin’s substitute.

All of the intimate scenes and the scenes where she would be hit would now be done by Ye Fan.

He Han…

Ye Fan thought silently. She didn’t want to be in a scene with the Film Emperor. After all, the two of them had a complicated relationship, and they even have a two-year-old son.

For him, Ye Fan was just a stranger, and someone that needed to fawn over him like everyone else.

Ye Fan hesitated for a moment, but quickly accepted the call. “Brother Zhao.”

Zhao Ping was the man in charge of the crew, calling to inform Ye Fan of the filming.

“There’s a scene you need to help Tang Jin with tomorrow. Remember not to be late.”

Ye Fan frowned. “Sorry, Brother Zhao. I have some issues at home, can I step down from the show?”

Zhao Ping was stunned. “Filming’s starting tomorrow, where am I going to find another suitable stand-in?”

Zhao Ping had been in contact with Ye Fan before and knew that she was a quiet person who didn’t talk much. It wasn’t likely for her to make such a request casually.

Zhao Ping said earnestly, “This is a very important scene, so I think it would be best for you to adjust your schedule. Don’t delay the filming for the crew.”

“Also, you’ve already signed the contract. If you want to break the contract, you’ll have to pay a lot for the penalty.”

This was indeed the thing that gave Ye Fan the biggest headache. If she had the deposit now, she could just pay the penalty, but reality did not allow her that option.

After being an extra for so long in the entertainment circle, and taking up so many substitute roles, she had spent all the money she earned as the down payment for the small house she was in right now. Moreover, she still had many decades to pay off her mortgage.

Even if Ye Fan wanted to sell the house, she still wouldn’t be able to pay the penalty, and she didn’t feel like roaming the streets with her son.

Ye Fan gritted her teeth and agreed. “Alright then.”

After she hung up the call, Ye Fan sighed.

As soon as she turned around, she met Dudu’s clear eyes. Dudu had been sitting obediently by her side when she was on the phone and did not call out to her once.

After Ye Fan hung up, the little chub reached out impatiently, asking for a hug.

“Mama, hug.”

His eyes glittered.

Ye Fan felt her heart collapse and she quickly walked over to the sofa to pick the child up.

Since she has come into this world, she will take responsibility for this baby.

“Don’t worry, baby. Mommy will take good care of you.”