Chapter 8

However, when Ye Duo grew up, he felt pity for the original Ye Fan’s encounter. Due to what happened in his childhood, he became a gloomy child. With nobody to guide him, he was finally forced to the extremes.

Since Ye Fan arrived, she will not let that tragedy play out, and she won’t allow Ye Duo’s character to become like that.

So, Ye Fan put down the things in her hands and crouched down to poke those puffed-up little chubby cheeks.

“Then, mommy will bring a stool into the kitchen and you can watch me from there, okay?”

After receiving her promise, the little baby Ye Duo’s eyes glistened as he craned his neck to look at Ye Fan.

In a soft and sweet voice, he said, “Okay.”

Truly a well-mannered little child.

Ye Fan brought over a small stool and placed it in the kitchen.

“Just sit here and watch, okay?”

Ye Fan was worried that the baby would get hurt if he came too close.

As long as he could look at Ye Fan, Ye Duo was satisfied.

With that, he could agree to anything at this moment. “Okay.”

Ye Fan went to prepare a bottle of warm milk for the little chubby baby to hold.

In order to check the ratio, Ye Fan had to try many times before she barely succeeded. Fortunately, Dudu was not a picky eater.

Holding the milk bottle in his small little hands, Dudu watched Ye Fan without moving his gaze away.

Ye Fan had already settled down the child, so she could now begin making lunch.

She could handle her own food easily, but she needed to pay much more attention to the child’s food.

After taking out a special little pot, she heated it up and poured in some milk.

Ye Fan put in the ingredients she had prepared earlier and boiled them into a paste. Finally, she put in the vegetables and poured everything out after cooking it slightly.

Ye Fan poured out the porridge in a big bowl. Since it came straight off the fire, it was very hot, and using a big bowl would allow it to cool faster.

Dudu had already finished the bottle of milk in his hands and he climbed up the dining chair obediently. Ye Fan brought out the serving bowl that was bought just for him and placed it in front of him.

Dudu lowered his head and began eating. As soon as his bowl was done, Ye Fan would scoop out a portion and fill it into the small bowl.

Just like that, lunchtime was over.

Before he could finish his food, Dudu was already nodding constantly with his eyes half-closed, nearly falling asleep. But even so, he still did not forget to shove his food into his mouth.

Ye Fan really had to hand it to him.

Feeling the sleepiness pool over him, Dudu rubbed his eyes and reached out to Ye Fan, asking to be held.

Ye Fan carried him into the bedroom, but Dudu wasn’t willing to sleep just yet.

Even though his eyes were already struggling for sleep, he still wanted to hear a bedtime story from Ye Fan.

After covering him up with a blanket, she leaned down next to the baby.

With one hand supporting her head, she patted that chubby little tummy lightly.

“Once upon a time…”

As soon as Ye Fan thought of an opening, she already began hearing the light sounds of breathing.

Ye Fan couldn’t help but laugh. Ye Duo who was so adamant about hearing the story fell asleep.

She did not leave immediately but wrapped him up tight with the blanket before she did.

Ye Fan never felt like this when she lived alone.

Being alone was nice, but after spending all this time with the baby, she felt like this kind of life was even better. Now, there was someone by her side, someone who depended completely on her.

It was a simple life, but it was filled with surprises.

There were some things that Ye Fan wouldn’t bother herself over. She had no money right now, but she was working hard to earn her keep. She hasn’t managed to stabilize her life just yet, but she will face it positively.

She could remain indifferent to pretty much anything, but this little baby was her weakness. If anyone dared to hurt her baby, she wouldn’t ever let them go.