Chapter 48-50

The driver responded and turned the steering wheel around. Soon, the car was stopped nearby to the supermarket.

Ye Fan opened the door and got out of the car.

She had put on a disguise today consisting of a mask and glasses, so nobody recognized her. Nanny Li and Dudu were at the fresh market section, so without stopping, Ye Fan headed straight for it.

Dudu was leaning over Nanny Li’s arm with his eyes half-closed. His head was nodding down again and again. It seemed like he was going to fall asleep. Ye Fan could not help but laugh as she walked over to them in light steps, afraid she would wake him up.

Seeing how hard Nanny Li had worked today, Ye Fan reached out to help hold the basket in her hands.

Nanny Li had made a complete list of things she needed to buy. Ye Fan pointed to it, motioning to her that she would get the items so Nanny Li could watch over Dudu.

Following the list, Ye Fan picked out everything that was written down while Nanny Li waited there for her.

Nanny Li held Dudu for a moment, but her arm was getting a little sore. So, lightly, she moved Dudu in another direction. But Dudu wasn’t sleeping too deeply, and quickly woke up.

Dudu yawned and rubbed his eyes, speaking in a sweet voice, “Where’s mama?”

When he was in his half-asleep state earlier, Dudu seemed to have seen his mama, but now she was gone.

Nanny Li saw that Dudu was not as sleepy as before, so she put him down on the floor. While she helped to wipe away the tears that had been squeezed out during his yawn, she explained to him in a gentle voice, “Your mama went to buy stuff so we’re waiting for her here.”

After she said that, Nanny Li stood up and took Dudu’s hand. She had her eyes on the shelves, looking at whether there were any things she missed out.

At this moment, Dudu retracted his hand and ran towards another direction. After Nanny Li reacted, she quickly chased after him.

Just a few aisles away was He Han, standing there.

He lived alone, but even if he had several assistants, he still preferred to cook for himself.

This supermarket was very close to He Han’s house. The sky had already gotten dark, so with only a hat and a mask, he headed out.

There weren’t many people staying in this area. He Han had his head down as he picked out what he needed.

He had a cold temperament that felt like he was repelling all other humans.

In the next moment, He Han felt a heavy feeling at his leg. Something soft seemed to have hit his calf. He looked over and saw a fair and chubby little boy who was quite young.

The young boy was stumbling as he walked and accidentally bumped into him. He Han looked around the area, but did not see any signs of his parents.

He Han frowned. Crouching down, he looked at Dudu’s eyes.

“Where is your mother?”

Dudu covered his mouth, looking as if he did not want to talk to him.

Ye Fan had taught him not to talk to strangers when he was outside. At first, Dudu couldn’t understand, but he slowly remembered it after Ye Fan repeated it to him many times.