Chapter 18

Seeing that his mother was talking to someone else and not following him, Dudu ran his short little legs over and pounced into Ye Fan’s arms.

“Mommy, it’s fun.” Dudu raised his head up to look at her. He never could resist the urge to tell Ye Fan about the things that made him happy, and he went on non-stop in that cute little voice of his.

Even when they were about to go home, he still hadn’t had enough.

“Shall we come again next time?” Ye Fan pinched Dudu’s round little earlobes.

Even if he didn’t want to go home, he would definitely listen to his mommy’s words.

Dudu was frowning, but he still responded sensibly, “Okay.”

Ye Fan wiped away the sweat on Dudu’s face. He had a bit too much fun earlier so his hair was dripping with sweat, and a few strands were stuck to his face.

“I promise you we’ll definitely come again.”

Ye Fan put him down on the bike and pushed him back home.

Ye Fan had to come to the set today. As usual, she was standing in for Tang Jin in a scene with He Han.

When Tang Jin looked at Ye Fan, a trace of envy emerged in her eyes.

At first, when she found out that she was going to be filming with international award-winning actor He Han, she felt overjoyed, but her boyfriend, Duan Qi, said he didn’t want to see her have any physical contact with He Han.

Moreover, she and Duan Qi were a national couple right now. If she suddenly turned to He Han, then it would be a big blow to her reputation.

But Tang Jin still felt unhappy. Even though Duan Qi was popular enough, how could he be compared to He Han? He Han was young and handsome, capable too. He was the perfect object of affection for many people.

Tang Jin mulled over it angrily.

Out of some strange urge, Tang Jin did not leave and instead sat there to watch Ye Fan act.

Ye Fan had arrived early and she caught sight of Tang Jin who was resting at the sight at first glance. Usually, Tang Jin would not appear in the set if she had no scenes to shoot.

But for some strange reason, Tang Jin came, and she even came earlier than anyone else.

After getting her makeup done and changing into the same clothes as Tang Jin, filming began.

Today’s scene was about the leading couple being chased by their enemies after they completed their mission. In order to save the heroine, the hero took a knife for her. The heroine helped him to an abandoned warehouse, and the two of them spent the night here with the hero being taken care of by the heroine.

The part Ye Fan was going to perform was the scene where she had to embrace He Han.

Following the development of the plot, He Han had lost consciousness from the severity of his injury and his body fell on Ye Fan.

A shadow loomed over and He Han shut his eyes, leaning down towards Ye Fan.

When He Han’s body leaned over, Ye Fan raised her hand to support him.

At this moment, He Han’s lips accidentally brushed past Ye Fan’s earlobe.

Both of them were stunned.

Ye Fan’s ears suddenly became hot and the heat spread to her cheeks.

He Han had a light expression and his eyes were like deep pools of water that you could not see the bottom of.

The director shouted, “Cut. Very good,” breaking up the awkward atmosphere between the two.

Ye Fan moved her eyes away and did not look at He Han. He Han himself remained silent as well.

The director praised, “Your acting was very good, He Han. That’s how an injured person should act.”

“Your acting was good too, Ye Fan. I’m very pleased with this take.”

After the director left, He Han looked at Ye Fan and suddenly said, “Sorry.”

His dark eyes were looking at Ye Fan and his tone was both gentle and serious.

Ye Fan was stunned, but she responded softly, “It’s fine.”

She knew very well that what happened earlier was just an accident.

But this episode was not noticed by anyone. That accidental kiss was just like a secret they both shared.