Chapter 9

Ye Fan came to the studio today. She knew that Tang Jin would come to film today. This is the very first time Tang Jin and Ye Fan will meet each other in this world.

Tang Jin was not present on the day when she had that scene with He Han. She had work with another crew that day.

Ye Fan recalled that in the plot, Tang Jin was jealous of the original Ye Fan’s beauty and was worried that she would snatch her limelight, so she kept on putting pressure on her because of that. Then, when she found out that Ye Fan was the true biological daughter of the Tang family, Tang Jin set her mind to bullying her even harder.

Ye Fan lowered her gaze and felt her heart fill up with coldness. According to the plot of the book, she and Tang Jin will definitely cross paths here. But if Tang Jin tries to do anything to her, she won’t just sit still and take it.

She sat in her place and waited quietly.

After a while, there was a commotion at the door, and a group of people walked in.

Ye Fan raised her head and looked over. The person at the front was a tall woman with fair skin and red lips wearing sunglasses.

It was Tang Jin.

Tang Jin walked in with her two assistants following by her side. She slowly took off her glasses and flaunted her flair as a star.

Naturally, to become a young darling actress, Tang Jin needed to be beautiful. Only, she had a proud expression on her face at this moment which gave off a distant feeling that she was high above all others.

Tang Jin would reveal her true emotions in private, but in front of the public, she always played the good idol.

She had a sweet smile in front of people, but she would never go soft on anyone who threatened her position behind that.

As soon as Tang Jin sat down, an assistant immediately handed a glass of water to Tang Jin. She took the glass and took a light sip.

Xiao Yan reminded her, “It’s going to be a raining scene today.”

Tang Jin glanced at the script and frowned. “Rain?”

Xiao Yan nodded. “You’ll have to walk through the rain in this scene and slide down from the slope.”

“I’m not doing this scene,” Tang Jin immediately refused.

There’s no way she would do such a dirty and tiring scene.

Tang Jin suddenly thought of something and asked, “Where’s my stand-in?”

Xiao Yan looked around the set and saw Ye Fan. She pointed to her and said, “She’s Ye Fan, your stand-in actress.”

Tang Jin looked in the direction pointed by Xiao Yan and narrowed her eyes. “That woman is my stand-in?”

She had no idea that her stand-in was actually this beautiful.

Ye Fan was facing sideways but her profile was still snowy and perfect. Without even looking at her head-on, she knew that Ye Fan was definitely a great beauty.

Tang Jin’s eyes darkened. She was only a stand-in but her appearance was so outstanding. She felt anger rise up in her heart and her hands were clenched into fists.

But so what? Without any backing, a newbie in the entertainment industry can never make it big.

Tang Jin laughed. Ye Fan was nothing in her eyes.

At this moment, the director came over to Tang Jin and asked, “Are you all clear on today’s scene?”

Tang Jin looked at Xiao Yan, and Xiao Yan responded to him, “Director, Tang Jin is not feeling well today so I’m afraid she won’t be able to do the rain scene.”

Tang Jin did not speak and her face remained calm. Everyone in the circle knew of Tang Jin’s background, and the resources provided to her by the Tang family were also top-notch.

The director frowned lightly.

He knew that the Tang family was powerful, but he also didn’t like people who didn’t work hard because they had the influence.

But for the Tang family’s sake, the director suppressed his feelings and said nothing more. He looked at Ye Fan and said, “In that case, we can let Ye Fan do it.”

When Ye Fan heard this, her face was calm. She had long known that Tang Jin would refuse the scene.