A What-if is Answered by the Gou & Satoshi Stick Together in Sword-Shield Arc AU

AU Bio:

A TLMtCE AU where Gou actually notices and catches up with Satoshi, allowing both Pokemon to show up to them before they head out. 

Characters: 

1. Gou (11) = He's a rookie Pokemon trainer who aims to catch them all, which was established after he met Satoshi. He's more of the theoretical kind, but he's begun applying it into his life as he catches more Pokemon. He also acts as a parent to them, though he doesn't really realise it. However, during the Sword & Shield Arc, he and Satoshi stay together. After meeting the two Legendary Pokemon, they try to head back to the train, only for them to notice the Galar Particles. Gou and Satoshi decide to follow the particles and Satoshi ends up helping Dande while Gou and Rabbifoot evacuate other people. Afterward, he and Satoshi follow Dande to the mines where they meet Rose. Satoshi is invited to eat with Rose, while Gou is dismissed due to his lack of battling skills. Gou then remembers that he exchanged phone numbers with Sonia and texts her. They agree to meet up, and Satoshi decides to decline, even though he's hungry, due to the disruptive aura from Rose. But as they leave, they are followed by Rose's men, and they meet up with Sonia to find out the truth of the ruins. During Rabbifoot's first Daimax battle, the ruins are revealed and they realise its connection to the Slumbering Weald. However, they have no time to head to the Slumbering Weald, as Mugendaina bursts out and begins the Black Night. They rush to the stadium, and they fight Olive and Rose together. Rabbifoot and Riolu evolve into Aceburn and Lucario respectively during their respective battles. Once they get up to the top, they help Dande battle Mugendaina, only for them to be overwhelmed by his power. But they refuse to back down from the challenge, and their willpower summons Zacian and Zamazenta once Sonia comes with the sword and the shield. After they defeat it in battle, Gou and Satoshi catch Mugendaina and put a stop to Rose, arresting him and Olive and ending the fight once and for all. After that, they visit the Slumbering Weald and promise to find the two again before leaving. 

2. Satoshi (11) = He's the first Champion of Alola, and is now a research fellow at Sakuragi Research Lab alongside Gou. He's experienced but is still a lovable person despite everything he's been through. He's a hands-on kind of guy, never really one for theory, and trusts his gut feeling. Satoshi gets a bad feeling from Rose not just because of his aura, but because he insulted Gou and treated him like a liability. Satoshi hates that he insulted his friend, so he refused. When they were battling Mugendaina, it was Satoshi's determination that made Gou realize that willpower could summon the two legendary Pokemon. With that, Sonia managed to arrive with the sword and shield on time to help them fight off Black Night. After that, they promise to battle and catch them someday.

3. Dande (20) = He's the Undefeated Champion of Galar, seeking to help Galarian trainers grow. While he has a charisma that pulls everyone together, he is HORRIBLE with directions. Thankfully he has his trusted Lizardon to keep him on track a lot of times, otherwise, he would never get anywhere. During this arc, he tries to hold Mugendaina at bay but fails due to its strength. However, with Satoshi and Gou's help, they finally put an end to it, and Rose is arrested. 

4. Sonia (20) = She is Dande's childhood friend, and is now a professor for the Galar Region after the Darkest Day. Clumsy and sassy, she tries her best to be a good person, and is supported by her Wanpachi. She's the one who gets the sword and shield from the Slumbering Weald and brings it to the two, helping them finally stop the Black Night.

5. Rose (40) = He is the leader of Macro Cosmos, and the one who brought about the Black Night to "save" Galar from an energy crisis in a thousand years. He doesn't like the fact that Satoshi chose a "weak" trainer over his offer, and is worried that Dande won't be able to capture Mugendaina, so he tries to convince them otherwise. During the fight against him, Riolu evolves into Lucario and takes them down with Aceburn's help, and Gou puts Sleep on him so he won't escape, allowing him to be arrested.

6. Olive (30) = She is the secretary to Rose, and she is downright loyal to him, showing a much more violent side when fighting the two due to how they rejected Rose so easily. She calls Gou weak and incompetent, which angers Rabbifoot and Satoshi enough, but the two manage to win as Rabbifoot evolves into Aceburn. After that, Satoshi suggests putting a Pokemon to guard her, and Gou calls out his Flygon to keep an eye on her, allowing her to be arrested after the Black Night is defeated.