Steven Universe OC

venusaura

XxFallen_GodxX

OcarinaDude13

CorruptedDiamond

R-tatsuki

A_Loved_Pink_Noodle

Okay, I'm a bit proud on how this turned out.

From this:

To this:

Meet my Steven Universe Hybrid OC, Novel Emerald Corona! 

Now, just in case, Noveco, as he is called, is a hybrid between an Emerald Gem and a Virus God. A Virus God, for clarification, is a minor god that represent a type of virus. In poor Noveco's case, he represents the latest booming virus, the Novel Coronavirus. 

You guys may be thinking, why did I create this guy? Why not use any other virus? Why use one that has caused so much suffering?

Well, I've had this idea for a long while, ever since it got on the news. I did my own research, and knowing how much suffering it has caused, I opted to use this one to spread more awareness. 

To me, it doesn't matter whether your immune system is strong or weak. It can still happen. It's just more prone to seniors and people with past illnesses. 

So we all have to be careful. We can't forget the suffering of the people who got this virus. 

Thus, this guy was created, plus my favourite gem, the emerald. (Sorry if I offend anyone with this.)

Noveco was crossbred. His gem belongs to his mother, an Emerald Gem who went into hiding because of the Rebellion. She met a Virus God in the woods of Hubei, one who represents a Coronavirus. They ended up falling in love, and Emerald gave up her form for their son. However, his father soon died from a fatal wound during a hunt, leaving the poor kid alone to himself. Scared and terrified, he fled China and somehow ended up in the Steven Universe world, where for some reason, he can't affect any of the humans there. A bit grateful for that, he then met the CGs, who offered shelter for him.  However, he declined, opting to stay out in the woods. After a while, he met Jasper, who took him in and began training him. His Virus God side was already trained with his father, but he didn't know how to use his Gem side till he met Jasper. The female Gem soon took a liking to him, adopting him and calling him the son she never had. 

That's his backstory. 

In general, he's shy, introverted, and prefers being with Jasper or any other Gem since they can't be infected. However, it is shown that he has a horrible self-image, blaming himself for giving birth to the virus that killed so many people. It is for that reason that he pushes himself in training, trying to hide his self-hatred. It's something only a few people know about, and they have always tried to help him, only for the kid to deny their help. He believes that he doesn't deserve help. 

His weapons come from both sides. As a Gem, he uses magic, healing people from various wounds and injuries, seeming more advanced than most Gems, probably because his Virus God side can act as a vaccine for other ailments. As a Virus God, he has enhanced intelligence, being able to analyse where his enemies would go, and trap them with his surface protein-like tails that grow from him. He also enjoys ice cream and hangs out with the trees all the time, talking to them.