three

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

Imagine being compared to someone your entire life. Imagine people never being satisfied of you. Imagine when people are proud of you it's only somewhat. Imagine people only showing up to your event because someone else more important was there.

Imagine—as a teenage girl trying to love yourself while everyone else is telling you that they love someone else more.

You can't imagine it but I can.

"Nope—drop the book," I huffed as I clutched it closer to my chest.

I fucking hated parties now. I fucking hated big groups of people. I hated this college. I hated myself.

"Nope—sorry. Twilight and I are a packaged deal." I grabbed my coat, stepping around Blaire. She chuckled before grabbing my coat off of me. "Nobody wears coats to parties unless they are trying to die of heat exhaustion or if they are willing to carry it the entire night." She placed it back on the rack.

I frowned.

"It's your sophomore year. Don't shelter yourself, Ellie. You deserve to live life even if you hate it." Stevie spoke stepping into the walkway.

I wasn't living.

I was just barely making it.

But nobody would ever know or understand that. They would only understand the fact that I was Ellie Webber—my life must be perfect right? Perfect school, perfect grandparents, perfect brother, perfect cousins—my life has to be perfect right?

I have to be perfect—right?

But no matter how much I wanted to be in a different world no matter how many books I would lose myself in—I wouldn't actually take my own life. I'm a person who carries guilt on their back. I'm a person who thinks about others rather than myself first.

It will get better—won't it?

"Finn and Sloane said that they would meet us there," I rolled my eyes as we stepped out of our apartment. How I wish I could just stay curled up in my bed with a good book and a glass of wine.