sixty-two

Part One of A Double Update!

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

There are times in your life when you know you have slightly outgrown your hideous 'word-vomit' phase.

You know– the phase that everyone has gone through. That phase that you just blurt shit out and sometimes you don't even think it's bad at the moment but it keeps you up late at night wincing about how fucking weird you are.

We've all had those moments.

I just happened to have suffered from one too many of these moments, and sometimes when I am in bed at night and I think of these moments I literally find myself speaking out loud saying 'Ellie Webber you stupid bitch'.

But right now– this was definitely not one of those moments.

Maybe it was the way he froze, but everything else around us was moving because of the October wind. Maybe it was the way I saw the goosebumps on his skin, crawling everywhere– it was like the goosebumps were his feelings and emotions towards me, trying to jump to me at this moment.

Or maybe it was the way his bandaged hands gripped my shoulders and then he pulled me in tightly to him and just squeezed me in a hug.

I don't think I'll ever forget the sound of his sigh of relief hitting near my ear.

"You love me?" He asked his voice was lighter than a feather. A tone in his voice that not a lot of people had the pleasure of experiencing. His voice, his words– his everything, took way much more out of me than I had liked to admit.

He was someone who made me feel like I could breathe but being around him suffocated me in the best way possible. I mean, I had always wanted to be suffocated to die, but now I wanted to be suffocated by him and survive.

"I am fucking in love with you."

"I love you like I love the smell of gasoline. I love you like I love watching senior citizens play a round of bingo. I love you like I love watching dogs at coffee shops get whipped cream-filled cups. I love you like I love pie on a holiday. I love you like I love smelling the books at a book shop. I love you like I love turning the page in a book. And most of all, I love you because no other plot could have ever prepared me for our love story."