thirty-two

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

I couldn't even see through my eyes as the tears streamed down my face. I tried to hold in the tears but my eyes apparently weren't meant to hold the amount of sadness that Reese caused me.

Stupid Ellie, Stupid feelings– once again.

I fumbled with my keys, shoving it in the hole before it finally turned. I bit down on my bottom lip to cover my cries.

Stupid boy.

Stupid perfect boy.

Stupid girl.

Stupid imperfect girl.

I sighed as I stepped inside the apartment, kicking off Penn's slippers that I had stolen this morning while he was in the kitchen with her– Carlie. I couldn't even think about that, I was going to spout off into a whole new group of tears.

Maybe it would be better if I stopped caring about everyone else.

I set my keys on our table before stumbling towards my bedroom. The sun was bright as it streamed through the blinds in my window. Fucking sun, go away. I wanted it to storm. I wanted it to rain.

Last night I wished of a kiss in the rain.

But now I wanted to go out in the rain and create a new fictional dream; the one where the really depressed girl goes in the middle of the storm and screams. Maybe then when the thunder rumbles, maybe it's responding to me. Maybe it's telling me it cares.

I made the mistake of looking into the mirror in my room as I almost collapsed.

So many hickeys.

His clothes.

How cruel that life was once again reminding me that he would always be a part of me even if I didn't want him to.

I don't regret last night.

A depressed person will never forget or regret a moment that they wanted to live more than anything. I mean, what else would they write in their suicide note then?