sixty-three

Part Two Of A Double Update.

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

Everyone went around in a circle and quite frankly apologized to me as if this were an episode of a reality television show.

When in all seriousness, this friend group– our lives were exactly like a television show, or like a movie series that you never wanted to end. There were so many different layers to peel back and you were never bored.

So as you can imagine, the apologies from everyone ended in laughs.

But the last person to apologize to me was the person who I never expected an apology from.

She sat up on her knees, nodding her head toward me and I sucked in a deep breath. "Can we go talk somewhere in private?" She asked.

Yet another leg pat and squeeze from Reese to remind me that he is here.

Everyone was too fascinated with the concept of Unite for them to now recognize that I was going to talk to Naomi. Naomi had been the only person in the room who hadn't uttered the words 'i'm sorry' to me.

And in a perfect world, she would have already.

But I knew my world was not perfect, my world was far from it.

I nodded to her as I slowly climbed off of Reese, walking side by side with her down the hallway toward her old room. The room that started everything for her. The room held loads of tears caused by a football player.

A room that was just like mine.

As she shut the door behind us, we both simultaneously walked toward the window. It was still morning time and the sun was just getting to its brightest point but since it was October, it was blocked behind a wall of clouds.

Don't you ever want to just break through the clouds and shine, El?

You know what? Yeah. Yeah, I do.

With or without this place I'll be shining. With or without this place, I might still have obstacles, or clouds, in the way of me shining–but I won't quit shining. I won't stop shining for anyone. Everyone had made me way too dull on myself for me to ever not shine again.