thirty-eight

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

I was waiting.

"So– he's letting you go to Ohio State?"

No.

He's not.

Well, I'm not quite sure if we are being honest.

"I don't know. He's somewhere in the middle," I mutter to Sloane as her gaze flickers over to me and then back to her accounting book. I release a deep breath of air from my lips as I try to get comfy on her bed.

"Somewhere in the middle, huh?" She repeats me as I nod.

It had been thirteen hours. Exactly thirteen hours since I stepped out of his truck. Thirteen hours since my heart erratically beat in his presence. Thirteen hours since I traced my own lips while he licked his own. Thirteen hours since I touched myself because being in his presence was like throwing a flame thrower on a gallon of gasoline.

But the more I touched myself I hated him.

One fucking touch and it was like his mind sucked the life out of my body.

He did suck the life out of my body.

He fucked it too–

"It's the biggest game of the year and he's letting you parade around the campus? You're finally being allowed to branch out like a beautiful tree?" She spoke in shock as I shrugged, playing with one of her random throw pillows.

"I'm happy for you." She smiled at me as I felt my face flare-up.

I was happy too.

"What's on your agenda today?" What was on my agenda?

I hated to admit the fact that I was planning my entire day waiting to hear from him but that is what it had come to. Waiting for him to text me was like waiting for grandpa to allow me to enroll at Ohio State, useless and disappointing.

I cleared my throat, pushing my glasses up on my nose. The pillow that I was now playing with was held tight to my body. "Nothing important. I'll probably go and watch a movie after this." Or maybe Reese would text me.