forty-five

Reese Joseph

Reese Joseph

I had always felt like I was in love with her.

"Are we having a party tonight?" I asked as I walked behind the two idiots in front of me. However, as per usual I was ignored. Well, not on purpose. It was just the fact that Matti and Blake were like two peas in a pod.

"Hello?" I asked again.

I finally received an answer whenever Matti looked at me, "Are we having a party tonight?" I asked. He reached forward, opening the door to the dining hall. We rarely ever came here but it was raining today and they had the best smoothie bowls.

"No, we aren't having one because the sororities are hosting their parties all week." Blake cut in, answering for Matti. I was the first to walk into the dining hall, them following behind me. The aroma of different foods smacked me in the face like a door.

God, I would kill to eat some fucking chicken tenders but I just had a huge burrito.

However, there was another reason why we didn't come here often. As soon as we walked in, it was like everyone's eyes panned on us. Matti and Blake let out loud groans as they put their hoods up.

We were still somewhat drenched from the rain that happy valley was pouring down on us.

"Here we go again," Matti muttered before a freshman approached him. The fella had his phone out, and a smile on his face. "Matti Williams! I am a huge fan! Blake! I am a huge fan!"

What about me.

I watched as they put on fake smiles, signing whatever this man threw in front of them. They took a picture and then the boy sauntered off. However, as we continued to walk, I spotted someone across the dining hall.

The only person in this room who wasn't staring at us. The only person in this room that did not give two shits about who we were. The only person in this room that I couldn't help but let my heart pound from the moment I saw her the other day.

"Isn't that the girl you smacked with the door?" Yes, it was the door girl that Matti smacked.

As I watched her walk across towards the beverage section, she left her two friends standing there. I had recognized Finn, she was Natalie's roommate from last year. Finn would always come over or whenever Griff and I would go over there, Finn would be there.