Bonus Chapter

Reese Joseph

Reese Joseph

I was in charge of how many college students, and by far the hardest thing I had ever done was take care of two babies at once. Twins. When these people say if you marry a twin, you have a twin– they were not kidding.

I had just returned home from losing an away game and usually Ellie would go with me, but she couldn't as she had to work the next day and the game was on Sunday. Being a school librarian was her dream job and she would do anything to stay inside of a library at all times.

I remember tossing my keys in this marble dish that she had bought for our home right next to our front door. The sound of my keys had our rescue dog, Beans, who had three legs and a missing eye galloping toward me.

"Hey beans, where's mommy?" I bent down scratching his body as what was left of his tail wagged. I chuckled as he drolled. Standing up straight at the sound of her footsteps coming down the hallway she was a dream at twenty-six.

The simple wedding band laid on her finger that was coated in pink color. I chuckled as she fixed her glasses. She had on one of my big long sleeve t-shirts and she was walking toward me with a purpose.

"Hey coach," She called out as she wrapped her arms around me. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her, breathing her in. "Hey wife," I spoke before kissing her on the lips. I rubbed her back with my hands that had been clutching the shit out of a clipboard either that day.

"I watched the game today," She pulled away taking the hat that was on my head, off of me. She ran her fingers through my hair before tugging me into the living room. Beans hobbled behind us.

"Yeah, you watched us get smacked?" I muttered as she shrugged. "I had other things on my mind than watching your players get smacked." Oh– was she in the mood? Because I was in the mood.

I was always in the mood for my wife.

I sat down on the couch and patted my lap for her to come to sit down and cuddle. And cuddling for us usually turned into us— she ignored my motions completely as she sat right next to me on one of the couches in our living room.