forty

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

I hated this feeling.

The guilt was eating me alive. I should have never developed feelings for him. I was leaving. I was living for now and then I would be leaving later. As if I weren't already in enough pain and as if my heart didn't already break because of enough people– I was letting him in.

You are supposed to be his tutor, Ellie. You know how these men are, Ellie. You know that in the end, you are just another number to him, Ellie.

He was not good for me.

Yes, he was.

I mean, he could be.

I've read about this before. About how the guy gets the girl who always tried to stay away from said guy because she knows that he is no good for her.

But he was good for me.

According to everyone else, and my heart, he was good for me.

He laid right next to me. He was breathless, he was spent, I had exhausted the boy who was infamous for partying. I had exhausted the golden boy of the campus. Reese Joseph was tired because of me.

And not in a bad way.

He kept his eyes on me while I tried to keep my eyes everywhere else. I needed to think of something else, someone else and no matter how hard I tried– my mind would always go back to him.

The boy who probably was not good for me.

But at least he made me feel like living wasn't miserable for once.

"Do you always wear this many bracelets?" His hand reached for my wrist and instinctively, I pushed his hand away. Quirking an eyebrow up at me, he reached for my wrist again. However, I pushed it away.

"I'm allowed to touch everywhere on your body except your wrists?" He laughed in confusion as I just blinked.

Here he was trying to touch scars that were still fading, the scars that represented my heart that was aching, and little did he know he was doing a lot to aid them.