fifty-six

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

"Are you going to let him be your boyfriend yet?"

First Monty, and now Stevie.

Shrugging, I sipped at my water as I waited for the arctic blonde to come through my door. Apparently, everyone and their mother knew about this party because Stevie and Blaire both made sure to make sure I knew that I was invited to go with them to the party tonight.

Everything was perking up.

In terms of everything I had ever wanted, I was on my way to being there. The only thing that I could wish would heal is my relationship with my grandparents and my relationship with Penn. More importantly, I knew I couldn't fix him– but I just wished he knew that he didn't have to turn back to his addiction.

But I get it, we are all addicted to bad things, even if sometimes they may be disguised as something good.

Sometimes addictions were hard to shake. Like Blake's addiction was Sloane and being a dickhead. Matti's addiction was himself. Naomi's addiction was being a perfectionist. Reese's addiction? I had yet to find that out– he was the hardest thing that I had ever tried to read.

"I think they should just run off and get married without even telling us. I mean they are both so secretive about everything, I think it would be good for them– just jump the gun." Blaire suggested. I capped the lid on my water shaking my head.

No marriage. No dating. No nothing– yet.

"You guys just are so secretive? Why?" Stevie asked.

Shrugging I sighed. In some way, maybe I felt like I knew the answer but I just didn't want to face it. Maybe everyone on this campus knew how he felt about her. And maybe he was trying to keep me as his dirty little secret.

And I hated feeling like that. But you can't blame a girl who reads books like this on a day-to-day basis. When I stare at him, I have a constant reminder that I feel like a Disney princess. Or like an early 2000s movie.

He made me feel like every single romance scene was written about us. But at the same time, he also made me feel the heartbreak that every romance book has. He made me feel so much but at the same time, the only feeling I couldn't help but feel was love.