forty-three

-mentions of suicide in this chapter, read with discretion

-mentions of suicide in this chapter, read with discretion. if you or someone you know is struggling, there are links at the bottom and phone numbers you can call. You aren't alone.

Ellie Webber

I was going to vomit.

I don't think anyone truly knows what they are doing in life. I mean we spend our whole lives being asked the question of 'who do we look up to' but what is so interesting about that person that we look up to them for? I mean, honestly? Is it because they make money? Is it because they look happy for cameras? Is it because they went to one of the most prestigious colleges?

Because honestly, I think the idea of looking up to someone fucking sucks.

I think that the idea of looking up to someone just makes you feel as if you have to compete with those standards. Yes, an IVY league would look great on a resume but what if you don't achieve that dream job that the person you have looked up to your entire life has? Then what? You spent your entire life looking up to someone who got lucky. Someone who had a better interview than you. Someone who looked better than you.

"I love you so much," My eyes flickered up from my computer screen to the couple that was currently playing footsie on the other couch. I tried to hide my small grin but it was caught by Finn.

"We love you Ellie Webber, our favorite hopeless romantic," Finn teased as she rubbed Stevie's legs. Shrugging, I closed my laptop from writing.

"I like the ambiance of being a hopeless romantic. It just means that I know something fucked up will happen but I will still love, love at the end of the day." I smiled at the two of them as Stevie launched herself off of the couch and on me.

"Ellie Webber I just want to squeeze the shit out of you! You're the cutest person on this damn planet!" Stevie squealed. Stevie was a whole sunflower field and more, she was bright, she was vibrant. She and Finn just fit perfectly.

I envied them. I think most people would.

Two happy, wonderful women who didn't have to fight for one another to love eachother. They just clicked, they fell in love after hooking up. It was like there was a whole nother reason for Finn's bright smile to beam.