twenty-five

Before you read this chapter, I will have a link posted at the bottom. Please go and sign the petition in hopes that Sienna Mae gets everything that is coming to her. My page is a safe space for those who have been sexually assaulted and or have experienced any type of sexual trauma.

You are heard and I love you.

Please, know that you are not alone and that it is not your fault.

Reese Joseph

Reese Joseph

"Up".

Groan.

"Down."

Groan.

"Again."

Fuck.

Another day, another practice. Or repercussion, or punishment. Whatever you want to call it– it was a pain in the ass for everyone and more specifically: my shoulder. There wasn't enough ice that I could have thrown on this bad boy within the last week.

On the outside, there were no signs of bruising or swelling.

But on the inside?

It was screaming, it was begging for attention.

It was like me.

"Okay! Get up! Go shower! Have a good day at classes! I'll see you back again in three hours for another practice! One more day until you guys get the day off! Two more until game day! I hope you all are resting properly through the week! I know it hasn't been easy but I'm proud of you all for the dedication this week and for coming together. I hope we never have our asses handed to each other like that ever again!"

As soon as coach left the weight room, there was silence beside a few guys chuckling.

Penn walked out with a group of offensive linemen but Mitch stayed back with me putting away weights on racks. I waited until he finished wiping his hands off on his shorts to start speaking. An empty room and it was a safe space.

"What's going on between you and Webber?" I asked.

I grabbed a cloth and the antibacterial spray before wiping down the bench press I was stationed at. He furrowed his eyebrows, giving me the side-eye. "What? Penn and I are good?" He asked.