Chapter nine

Anna's pov

We chatted along our walk to Lena's work. All night we have talked about the progress we have made with her. We honestly couldn't get enough of her.

Olivia and I talked about when we would introduce mdlg to Lena. We decided tell her about a few weeks from now. Honestly we are afraid about her reaction. I always wonder does she know she's a little and if she was, was she willing to have us as her caregivers.

Stepping into the library, I saw no Lena by the front desk. Frowning, I looked all around and saw her no where. Always when I enter the library, she is always sitting at the front desk, reading a book. I turned around and looked at Olivia in concern.

"What's the matter?" She looked with a confused look at me.

"I don't see Lena anywhere"

"Maybe she's busy with the books or maybe in the toilet. She might have went before we came here" Olivia squeezed my shoulder.

"Okay, you right. I don't know why I panic so much when it comes to her" I chuckled. I'm such a panic mechanic.

We sat on the sofas waiting on Lena. About 20 minutes have passed and still no sign of Lena. I hope she hasn't forgotten that we have came to visit her. I drum my fingers on the small table. When I'm on my break, I always see her. So it's weird not to see her. Lena never stays at home.

"I don't think she is here today Ann" Olivia said sadly.

"Yeah. It seem so" I smiled sadly at her. This is what I was afraid of. That we scared her away.

"Do you think she's okay. She never stays at home. This is unlike her. Do you think we scared her off?" I turned to Liv and asked nervously.

"I'm not sure, Ann. She was okay with everything yesterday"

"I know, but that was when she was in her headspace. I think big Lena is problem freaked out" I said knowing how shy she could get.

"Maybe we should go ask her boss where she is. She obviously would phone in to say she wouldn't come in today" Liv exclaimed.

"You right, let's go" I smiled at her great idea and walked to Lena's bosses office. We stopped in front of the door that said Miss Willows. I knocked gentle on the door.

"Come inside" a woman's voice rang through the door.

We looked at each other and opened the door and walked inside. A elder lady sat at the desk with lots of paper work in front of her.

"Hi, I'm Anna and this is Olivia" I introduced ourselves.

"Hello ladies, I'm Ingrid Willows. Nice to meet your acquaintance" she smiled with a bright smile at us. She's a lovely lady already.

"Likewise Ingrid. We are just wondering if Lena is in today?" I smiled at her while asking about Lena.

"Oh Lena. A beautiful lady she is. Polite little girl and so respectful to" I smiled at her nice words she said about my baby... I mean Lena.

"She is" i remember the day we met.

"Lena didn't come into work today. Very weird for her not to. But she just said she wasn't feeling well. Can you tell me what you guys are from Lena"

"Oh we her friends actually" I turned to Liv then back to Ingrid.

"Oh okay, that's good. She's always so alone" what she said made my heart clench. Poor baby.

"Well we'll be on our way then, thank you Ingrid. I was also hoping you could give our numbers to Lena if she comes in tomorrow. We won't be able to make it" i stated. Both Liv and I are going to be busy with meetings and clients.

"No problem at all. Have a good you too" she waved goodbye as we walked out of the door.

We walked in silences to the bakery to get a quick snack before going back to work. My mind overthink everything. I just hope she will speak to us.

"Hey, what is going on in that beautiful brain of yours?" Liv said amused.

"I'm just worried that's all. I told you it's unlikely for Lena to stay absent from work. What if she is avoiding us? That could be it" I sighed in sadly.

"Don't overthink, darling. Everything's going to be fine. We see her on Thursday again. Maybe she genuinely didn't feel well. Let's just relax and see if Lena gets back to us. We can't force her" Olivia said while holding my hands in hers. Looking at me with love in her blue eyes. I blushed under her gaze

Just like the first time we started dating. She still gave me butterflies. I love her.

"Stopppp looking at me like that" i exasperated. She chuckled with a knowing look. She knew what she is doing to me.

"What, I can't help myself. You gorgeous babe. I love you"

"I love you too" I leaned over and pecked her lips. Just sparks.

She's my home, but we just needed Lena to complete us. That's all I want. Just my baby, my little Lena.

_________________

No, because look at this

              Ahhh, can you guys believe it

Number #1 in three categories in
such a small period of time.

Amazing!!!!!!

Please continue with the love and
support. I'm absolutely loving it.

I love you🥺💜!

___________________

If you guys have any suggestions,
please comment what you guys would like to see next.