Chapter fifty four

Anna's pov

I parked the car in the garage and opened the door for Olivia and Lena to get out, then helped them out. She thanked me and walked into the house, still with Lena hiding in Liv's neck.

It felt odd, because it is always me that was carrying Lena and Liv was the one who would help us out.

I walked in after them as we all walked up the stairs, straight to Lena's nursery.

"Can mommy put you down, honey? I have to change your diaper?" Liv asked softly as she tried laying Lena on the changing table, but she just whined and cling tightly.

"Please, bumblebee. I don't want you to have a rash" Liv rubbed Lena's back, hoping for her to comply.

Lena winces and hesitantly nod in her neck. Liv kissed her head gently and laid her down, not without a struggle.

"Thank you for being a good girl, baby" I said as I smiled at Lena. I walked closer to her and brushed her hair out of her face.

But Lena only spared me a glance and looked back at Olivia and smiled at her. Oh.

"Oh Lena, a small rash started. You need to have a bath" Liv said sadly and removed her onesie.

"M-m-om-my w-wif?" Lena finally said something after leaving the park. Her voice was rough.

"Are you thirsty, sweetheart? Mama can give you some milky baby" I tried once again to get her speak to me. Lena loves nursing.

Milk was leaking out of my breast since I heard her cries and it hadn't stop. I could feel my breast pads soaked up and could possibly leaked through.

"W-wa-t-ter m-m-o-om-my" Lena choked out and made grabby hands to Olivia.

"Sure baby, let's go" Liv cooed and picked Lena up, wrapping her in a towel.

"I'll go get it, you give a bath" I smiled sadly and hurriedly walked out the room down to the kitchen. Bath time was Lena and mama time.

Once entering the kitchen, I bursted into tears as I slid down the kitchen cabinet., bringing my legs up to my chest. I cried silently as I hugged myself close.

I know that Lena didn't wanted to talk to me, but after such a traumatic night I just wanted to hold her in my arms. I just wanted to feel her close and breath in her baby smell and feel reassured that she was safe in my arms.

"It's okay Anna. She just needs time" I took shaky breaths in, trying to reassure that everything will go back to normal.

I took shaky breaths in and out and wiped my tears away. I got up with shaky legs and made sugar water in her silly cup. I counted till ten and made my way to the bathroom.

I softly opened the door and watched as Olivia gave Lena a bath while singing to her. Lena stared up at her with her doe hazel eyes, with love and amazement.

"I got the water" I cleared my throat as lLv looked at me. Lena frowned and turned to play with her toys.

"Here you go baby" I said gently as I bend down next to the tub and held the silly cup out to Lena.

"Thankies" Lena whispered inaudible and took the cup from my hand and hesitantly took suckles from it.

"You welcome" I smiled. At least I got a response.