Chapter fifty

Lena's pov

I laid awake in my crib as I suckled on my paci. The colourful toys above me was spinning around in circles. It was supposed to make me tired but it just made me feel more awake. I squealed and kicked my legs at the songs playing but struggled to move my body, it felt heavy. I still felt really little.

With all my might, I turned successfully on my side. I saw my bottle of mama's milky and kicked my legs in happiness. I tried to reach for it but that was until I fell on my stomach, making my entire face being buried in the mattress. I laid still for a moment until I started struggled to breath. I started wailing but it was muffled by my paci and my face being stuffed in the mattress. Where is mama and mommy?

"Oh god, oh god!" I heard the door bang open and then felt being lifted up in the air. I inhaled deeply and started coughing. It hurt, making me choke on my cries.

**

Anna's pov

I shot up awake from my sleep. My heart was racing as sweat drip down my forehead. I breathed heavily as I looked around the room, I didn't know why but my gut felt weird. I quickly turned to checked on Olivia by putting my finger and saw she was breathing fine. I breath a sigh of relief and turned to the baby monitor on the bedside dresser. I picked it up and saw Lena laying on her face, it seem normal because Lena always sleeps in weird position.

That's was until I realised that she was still in newborn headspace. I quickly turned on the baby monitor louder and head Lena's muffled cries. My eyes widen in shock and fear.

"Olivia!" I screeched. I hit her arm hard as possible before jumping out of bed and running straight to the nursery.

I bursted through the door as Lena's cries and breathing was getting softy. It just my fear and anxiety increased.

"Oh god, oh god!" I ran to the crib and hurriedly picked her.

I pulled her pacifier out of her mouth and watched Lena started taking deep breaths in, coughing heavily which made her cry louder. It probably hurt her throat. I laid her over on my shoulder and patted her back.

"What...what happened?!" Olivia came through with a weapon in her hand and looked around the room, inspecting everything.

She looked to me, but I shook my head no as tears rolled down my face. I couldn't stop crying as the worst scenarios entered my head.

"L-l-Lena" I choked out.

She took a crying Lena out of my arms and inspected her. Liv looked at me confused and started pampering Lena by bouncing her around the room. Lena slowly started calming down making me feel a bit better. I took deep breath in and out and wiped my tears away.

"Can you tell me what is wrong and what got you so worked up?" Liv asked softly. She sat in the rocking chair and rocked back and forth.

"I-I don't know, I just woke up out of breathe with sweat dripping down my forehead. My gut told me something was off, so I checked your breathing but you were fine so I checked the baby monitor and saw Lena laying on her face and crying. I could hear her struggling to breathe, Liv. That's when I woke you up and came and got Lena" my eyes were tearer but I blinked it away.

"God, that's so scary" Liv looked shock and pulled lena closer to her.

I walked closer to them and sat down on the stool. I gentle stroke Lena's cheek and wiped her tears away. Lena seem back to normal and was babbling away making spit bubbles. We chuckled at her cuteness.

"Do you want her to sleep with us?" Liv asked as she looked at me sadly.

"Yeah. I don't think I can ever forget what just happened. All the 'what' and 'ifs' are going through my head and... I can't leave her alone again when she is this little" I sigh sadly.

"I know, it's scary to think if you didn't wake up. Maybe we should put a crib in our room too, I think it would be a good idea just to check up on her when she's sleeping" Liv said and rubbed my arm.

"You right" I sighed a breath of relief and kissed Lena's head.

"I know, I'm always right" Liv smirks making me laugh. She always had a way of making me feel better.

"Let's go to bed" I said and took Lena from her arms.

I just needed to feel her close to me. I pressed the front of her onesie and felt a wet diaper. I walked to our room and made quick work of changing Lena. I felt a little sweaty so I left her in her diaper and one of my T-shirt.

"Let's get to bed baby" I cooed and laid her in the middle of the bed. Lena giggled and tried to eat her toes. I chuckled and popped her paci in her mouth. It was 4am in the morning.

"I took one of your bottles out of the fridge, just in case" Liv held up the bottle.

"Thank you babe, but you know she's not going to drink it when she sees me" I chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"Worth a shot" Liv smirked as we got in bed. Lena was muttering around her pacifier making us stare at her.

"She's okay Anna" Liv said after a while. Olivia knew me all to well, she know that I was still thinking about the situation.

"I know"

Lena spat out her pacifier and started making open mouth suckles. Liv gently put the bottle in her mouth, Lena suckled but stopped and immediately tried to spit out the nipple. She kicked her little legs in frustration and whined.

"I told you so" I shrugged my shoulders with a smug look.

"Yeah, whatever. Just give my baby some of your 'booby milky' like Lena likes to call it" Liv chuckled and kissed Lena's forehead making her coo.

"She's so adorable, I just want to gobble her up" I kissed Lena's face softly but aggressively. Lena was giggling cutely but stop and started to wail.

"Sorry baby" i pouted and pulled my top up and put my breast in her mouth. Lena immediately quiet down and suckled heavily. I patted her padded bum, making her slow her suckle while staring up at me.

"I love you so much, sweetheart" I said emotionally. Lena smiled up at me and fist my top, making milk slid down her cheek.

I can't believe we almost lost her.

"Goodnight bumblebee, goodnight my love" Liv whispered and kissed us both, snaking her arms around us. My two favourite girls in the whole world, were safe in my arms. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

________________

This chapter was so cute to write! 🥺