Chapter 18

On December 17, 1977, the weather was fine. In the early morning of this day, all men, women and children in the old house of the Xu family ran to the big pond in the village after having breakfast. The water in the pond has been released a few days ago, and by now, the water has been released to the end. Xu Ning stood on the edge, only to see densely packed fish in the pond. Because of the lack of water and oxygen, fishes jump up from the water from time to time, causing exclamations on the shore.

Adults and children are wearing rain boots, ready to go down to catch fish. Xu Ning was so excited when he encountered this situation for the first time. He changed his rain boots long ago, holding a bucket in his hand to hold fish.

The water in the pond was very dry, only a little water was left for the fish, and the backs of many big fish were exposed. After the men went down to the pond, they directly rushed to the target they had aimed at on the shore. After catching the fish, they compared each other with each other who caught the biggest one. The big fish are usually in the middle of the pond, where the water is the deepest and the silt is the thickest, they are usually caught by men in the past.

Xu Ning and the others are right by, catching the smaller fish. When I first scratched, my hand was pierced with ice as soon as it entered the water. After waiting for a long time, my hands were frozen and I didn't feel anymore.

"Xiao Wu, there is a big one there." Xu Ning stood up and looked around, and saw a big grass carp spitting bubbles in the water not far from him. With joy in my heart, he quietly pointed to Xu Fan next to him. After he saw it, the two of them gathered around lightly.

After passing by, standing not far away, Xu Ning put down the bucket on her hand, and made a gesture to Xu Fan. 1, 2, 3, Xu Ning finished the three-gang one-by-one. He threw both hands at the same time as Xu Fan, and directly caught the big grass carp who wanted to run.

"Xiao Wu, hurry up, hurry up. It's going to run." The big grass carp moved so hard that Xu Ning caught a little tail and slipped without leaving his hands, feeling almost unable to catch it.

"Wait a minute, I caught it. Si Niu, let go." The big grass carp moved around, Xu Fan playing muddy. It's so gorgeous that I can't hold it with my hands. Xu Fan feels directly in his arms and hugs tightly.

"Haha, great. Let me take a look, it's so big, at least seven or eight catties." Xu Ning looked at the big fish in Xu Fan's arms with joy and said happily. This is the first time she has caught such a big fish.

"It should be. Our bucket is too small to hold. I'll take the fish up here first." Xu Fan hugged the fish and walked hard to the shore. There is silt under my feet, and I can only take one step and stop one step.

"Okay, you go quickly." The fish will die if they leave the water for too long. The village has dug a small pool a long time ago to let everyone pour the caught fish in it. There were many old ladies and three or four-year-old little furry kids around the pool. When Xu Fan came up with the fish in his arms, everyone ran over to watch. There was also a little Mao child shouting: "Little Uncle Wu, let me touch it."

Just caught a big fish, which completely aroused Xu Ning's interest. Looking at the little fish on the side, she didn't want to catch it anymore. Standing in the pond, looking around, hoping to find a big fish like just now. It's just that she was standing at the edge of the pond. The big fish was usually in the middle. Just now the really blind cat ran into a dead mouse. She watched for a long time, but she didn't see the big fish. In the end, I had no choice but to honestly catch those little fishes.

One morning, the whole pond was full of voices, and from time to time there would be exclamations in the ears. At this time, when you look up, you will find that either someone caught a big fish, or the fish that was about to get it slipped away.