CHAPTER NINETEEN

'Tone down your voice, will you? Your voice stings my ears.' A raspy voice echoed in the void and I immediately turned my head in its direction. I was stunned to see a small, grey wolf flying through the air. I looked all over the space but I couldn't see anyone other than this little furball... Does that voice belong to this creature?

'Yes, Miss, so please stop talking will you?' That raspy voice again... It is this creature's voice... I'm shocked senseless. I'm starting to doubt all the knowledge I acquired till now...

'That... your voice sounds off...' I told the creature that. I really can't get used to it! It's just so different!! I imagine a cute creature having a deep raspy voice, does it match? NO! Not! It doesn't match--

'I can read your thoughts, Miss, and that's offending' I couldn't say-no-think of a word... Don't tell me...

'Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm the creature you summoned.' That's not what I wanted to say--

 'My name's Fenrir. Nice to meet you, umm... Princess?'

'Y-yes... I'm Princess Morticia Mortem, nice to meet you...' It feels awkward introducing myself like that... It's been a long time... I've never appeared in public for years so that's understandable I guess...

'Yes, Princess Morticia, You passed the test. I can't believe you'd pass by screaming your heart out, no, scream your mind out should be the term' He told me as I stayed motionless. Then He gave a small chuckle. 

'Is it that peculiar of a way to pass a test?' Though I can't make out emotions on the small wolf's face, I could feel it was looking at me incredulously... 'Well, I guess it is peculiar...' I gave up pursuing the question.

'Anyway, you're quite the magician aren't you? You managed to successfully summon me, the great Fenrir, twice. You should commend yourself' I was puzzled by what he said. 'Twice? When's the second?'

'Yesterday, Princess. The wolf yesterday, that was me.' I could feel him staring at me with tired eyes and I, looked incredibly shocked. 

'That was you? really? That incredibly ominous-looking wolf I summoned? That was you?' I really couldn't believe it. The difference with its looks is just too significant! It's mind-blowing even... The creature said nothing else and just looked at me. I was waiting for it to say something when a cloud of black smoke engulfed it and became bigger. I backed away as its growth rapidly increased and at last shown the same wolf yesterday, except it's up to ten feet tall. I was looking up to it by the time the transformation finished. I nervously clasped my hands together as my breath hitched. It's an astonishing yet terrifying sight... 

'I maintained that form earlier so as not to scare you but I guess that doesn't work...' The deep and raspy voice earlier finally matched its appearance. 'I guess I look terrifying even when I changed my appearance...' Why do I feel like this creature's dejected...?

'Y-you might be right with that point but it's even more peculiar to hear such terrifying voice in an adorable face...' I tried coaxing it but I guess that wasn't enough so I tried to take its mind off the topic. 'By the way, where is this place?' Even though I did nothing wrong I felt guilty for some reason. 

'... Right. You're in a space I created' I still feel the creature's sadness but I'm the one whose mind went somewhere. A space... An enclosed space made of mana where it isn't affected by the low of time. Does that mean Not a second passed when I was summoning this creature?

'Yes, not a second passed by outside this space.' ... Right. I forgot our minds are now linked... 'So can you get me out of this space?' I asked, I read about spaces in books but only high-leveled magicians can make these so I haven't had enough resources to learn about these. I waited for the creature to answer but it stayed silent... Don't tell me it didn't know the answer?!

'Okay, I lied. I can't control who enters this space, alright?! I wasn't the one who made this space so I have no control over it!' Shocked by what he said, I began worrying about how I would get back. What the heck is this? How am I supposed to get back out? The creature immediately muttered his apologies saying he's just acting indifferent earlier and that he's a useless wolf...

'... Well usually when the owner of this space comes in and decides to come out he'd say '(Out)'' The creature guiltily said. 'It's the first time someone entered the space except the owner so I got carried away...' It explained. Alright, I guess I understand.

'Then how come you're here? Is the owner o this space your master?' The creature immediately denied it. He said he got trapped here while trying to go into some open spaces. I think this creature's an idiot... 

'Anyway, I need to go now, maybe I'll try what you said.' The creature nodded and I calmed myself down letting my mana circulate myself and said:

'(Out'

______________________

So the creature's just lonely since he trapped himself in that space? 

Umm, I guess..? 

Anyways, I'm thinking of making another story. Maybe a Rom-com short story with ten chapters? I'm not sure if I'll do it this, though. Just thinking about it... Thank you for taking the time to read this story! Love lots!