CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

I woke up a little before noon as I slept soundly. Brushing my hair after washing my face, the kids immediately entered the room and urged me to have lunch with them. I hurried up and had a bountiful meal with the ever-energetic kids. They talked a lot, almost even forgetting to eat their meals as they chattered about how difficult to wake I was.

It was enjoyable and the kids are, as always, very cute. I walked back into the room after lunch and sat in my bed. I was planning on doing what Seraphina told me to do about Fenrir. Fixing my posture by straightening my back, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I rid myself of all other thoughts and only thought of calling Fenrir.

'Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir...' Silently chanting Fenrir's name, I suddenly remembered the space where I first saw Fenrir. Could Fenrir be sleeping there..? Oh, my thoughts went somewhere else... I then went back to silently chanting Fenrir's name.

'Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir...' Slowly getting impatient, my chants turned into silent screams in my head.

'Fenrir, Fenrir, Whre in the world are you Fenrir!!!' Ugh! can't this wolf answer? I'm getting impatient here!

'Fenrir! Fenrir, where are yo--' My thoughts halted. There's something different. The air... I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in the same space as I first met Fenrir.

... I went here. Is there some kind of power to my thoughts? I only thought of this place for a second and here I am...

I walked forward and took in the sight in front of me. It looks different compared to the last time... I can see that place. When I first met Fenrir, this space was pitch-black but now... I can see things vividly. I noticed there are a lot of things sxattered about... I wonder who these things belong to?

The space looks big like a stadium. Different types of things are scattered around the place unattended. Though there is no dust, it looks kind of abandoned... I remember Fenrir saying this place belongs to someone else. Is that person dead?

I read in books that once the magicians die, the space they created would remain for a bit of time before vanishing so magicians who see abandoned spaces usually take it immediately. I'm not sure how they do it, the books are kind of vague... maybe it's because finding an abandoned space is much rarer than a high-level mage successfully making one.

If the owner of this space is dead... does that mean this space is abandoned? If so, how do I make this space mine..? I walked on ahead and saw a huge mountain-like figure. I knew in an instant that it was Fenrir. It's his true form...

I ran closer to him. It seems he is sleeping. Is it because he's in this space that's why he can't be reached? No, I don't think so. Then is it because he's deep asleep? I could still call him even though he's sleeping a while back, though... I walked forward and reached my hand to touch his fur but I was stopped midway. I can't reach him. I tried several times but failed.

Is this the reason..? this force field surrounding Fenrir like a barrier? Then what should I do? Should I wait for him to wake up? I'm afraid I can't go back in if I go out now... Should I just stay here? I could inspect the things here while I'm at it...
So my resolve to stay there hardened.

I went around the place and fumbled through the cluttered books and things. There are books about magic, magic theory, spell casting, and advanced topics about magic... There are novels too. 'Alchemy tools... Is the owner of this space an Alchemist?' There is a corner full of magic devices here... I recognize some of them.

There's a desk full of books and papers a little past the magic devices. I went nearer and squinted my eyes at it. 'Is this a diary?' I picked it up and read through the first few entries. 'This looks more like a journal. A journal about his process of making the magic devices... as well as his daily life.' I read through it and at the end, a single entry caught my eyes. It went on like this...

4th week of Winter, XXX7,

This is a space I made after painstakingly enduring long hours of taking mana potions to increase my mana, successfully building this. I don't know for how long I'll last after I write this entry. This might be the last entry I'll be able to write so I'll confess something...

I have made a mistake. A grave mistake that could lead to the end of humanity.

I didn't know any better. I shouldn't have given that artifact to him. In the first place, I shouldn't have trusted him! It's a mistake on my part. I'm... a fool for believing such obvious lies... a fool indeed.

That is why, to whoever finds this journal in this space and by Uriela's light, I hope someone does, stop him. I beg of you. Stop him before everything ends. There's one year left after I write this before he starts moving. Whoever you are, please help me.

...

This was written last year... And what about an artifact..? Who is Him? The owner of this space made a grave mistake that could lead to humanity's end? Mulling over the journal entry I had just read a low groan echoed through the space. I looked up and saw Fenrir moving.

'Fenrir..?' I called and he looked at me. The big wolf just stared at me before uttering a single word.

'...Master..?' He said drowsily and blinked several times as I looked at him confusedly.

'... Oh... Princess...' As if realizing he mistook me for someone else, he changed the way he addressed me to something more familiar. I stayed silent as he languidly stretched his body and changed his form into the medium-sized one. He then walked up to me and asked me why I'm there.

'I can't call you. The force field seemed to be the cause.' I answered as he looked confused. 'There's a force field surrounding you while you're sleeping. Why we're you alseep anyway?'

'Ah, well, My body got tired. After you stepped on the teleportation circle, I got stuck in here and I can't get out. I passed out after.' He explained as I pondered a bit.

'But you can get out whenever I call you before?' I asked and he said he thinks our link was sealed as I was experiencing mana reflux. I nodded and asked the question I have been curious about for a while now.

'So... Is the owner of this space your master? You called him master earlier.' He stared at me and stayed silent for a while.