10

After school, Noah follows Emma in his car behind hers to her house. They drop of their bags and get back in her car to get to the mall.

"I hear you humming." Noah states. "I wanna hear you sing."

"You already did. Multiple times."

"I want a special performance. Just me."

"Fine. What song?"

"I don't know. You choose."

"Okay. Search Inhale, Exhale by AURORA and get the karaoke version."

Noah smiles, making her giggle as he quickly searches and grabs the aux, pressing play.

She takes a quick deep breath and begins singing. He smiles largely and attempts to sing along, but not knowing the words or how to sing, Emma covers his mouth, making him laugh behind her hand. He licks the palm of her hand and she pulls away with a disgusted laugh.

"What the fuck?"

"Keep singing."

She scowls at him and continues singing, really getting into it at her favorite part.

"Woohoo!"

She laughs and he plays more music that she can sing along to.

-

Emma and Noah arrive at the mall and he demands Dairy Queen as a payment for agreeing to this torture. She laughs and nods quickly as a yes.

"Lame." Noah says, pointing to her cookies and cream blizzard.

"You're lame."

He lets out a single surprised laugh, making her smile. She pulls him by the hand into her favorite dress store where he just awkwardly follows her as many older women smile at the cute couple.

"Yo!"

Noah and Emma look up at the commotion and smile at the sight of the dumbasses waving excitedly at them. He looks at her and she nods, telling him he can go with them. He smiles with a jump and hurries out of the store.

She goes to look away when they continue to wave her over. She furrows her brows and walks out of the store.

"Yes?"

"Hi."

"Hello."

"They're bored." Noah chuckles.

"I have something you can do." Emma smirks.

-

Now, the boys sit, unamused, as Emma smiles. She has now forced them to help her with picking a dress, knowing they'll end up enjoying it even if they don't show it.

"You done, yet?" Noah asks.

"Not even close."

She walks out the dressing room in a short yellow dress.

"No." They all say.

"That's what I was thinking."

She gets back in the room and does this for a few more dresses.

"Last one." She states through the door, hearing them groan. "Y'all are dramatic."

Emma puts the dress on and fixes her hair, choosing the best side to part it with this one before walking out.

"What about this one?" She smiles down at it.

They're quiet for a few seconds and she looks up at them as they look slightly wide eyed at her. She snickers and turns to Noah.

"Will they like this?"

He just nods quickly and she smiles.

"Oh, yay."

She goes to the large body mirror and a worker comes up to speak to her while the four turn their heads to Noah as he watches Emma with a small smile.

"Noah." They whisper.

"What?" He turns to them.

"What do you mean what?" Logan asks.

"You're girlfriend is gorgeous." Jacob states.

"I know." He chuckles.

"It's like she's been hiding the entire time." Shawn says.

"I wasn't expecting it either."

"Expecting what?" Emma asks as she steps back over with a pair of shoes the lady recommended.

"Uh, nothing."

"Not important." Jacob shakes his head.

"Alright."

Emma finds a separate seat and puts the heels on, standing easily and walking to the mirror, again being greeted by the lady worker.

"Never leave her." Jacob points.

Noah smiles with a small laugh. Knowing what's really coming up, he hides behind it, having developed a little crush on her over the week.

Shh, it's a secret.

"I'ma change, pay, then we can get out of here. Continue walking around 'cause I don't wanna go home."

"Neither do I." Noah says.

"Perfect." She smiles. "I'll be out in a minute."

She gets back in the dressing room and locks the door, not having a clue what they had just been talking about.

"I'm so confused, now." Nathan says.

-

Emma pays for her dress and shoes while the boys stand outside the store until she comes out with her bags. They start walking around and Noah sees that she put her hair in a pony. He slows down until he's walking behind her, gently taking hold of her hair.

"What're you doing."

"Putting your hair down."

"Why?"

"It's cute when it's down." He states and the others silently agree.

"Oh, okay."

He pulls the pony out and hands it to her, putting it on her wrist as he fluffs out her hair.

"Hold this real quick."

She hands the two bags to Noah and flips her hair, coming back up with it parted to a side.

"Good?"

"Yeah." Noah stares.

She furrows her brows, but smiles at his off behavior. Taking the bags back, she slowly continues forward, walking at normal pace when the others finally start moving. They're so damn confused, right now.

"Hey, Em?" Noah calls.

"Oh, new name. Yes?"

"Why don't you wear dresses more often? That looked great on you."

"Um, I never know when to wear one."

She switches her bags to one arm and takes Noahs hand, interlocking their fingers. He smiles down at her which she doesn't see.

"Jealous." Jacob states.

"Of what?" Emma asks.

"Nothing." He sighs and Noah smirks.

"Oh, shit." Nathan says. "Look."

He points and they all follow his finger to a man with a microphone in front of him and a sign saying that he pays people to sing. A girl leaves the stand and he hands her a twenty, her walking off with a smile.

"You need to do that." Noah states.

"I already sang for you today."

"Not for us." Jacob shakes his head.

"Or all these people." Logan continues.

"Oy, fine."