40

"Em."

"Hmm?"

"Look at me."

"No."

Noah smiles sadly and cups his hands on Emmas cheeks, turning her to face him, not looking him in the eye as tears roll down her face.

"You won't be able to look at me for much longer, y'know?"

She looks him in the eyes and cries harder, pulling him into a hug. They both hold tightly around the other while standing in her room, the day before she leaves.

"I don't wanna go anymore." Emma cries.

Noah sighs, tears rolling down his face, as well, and lifts her into his arms, hers going around his neck with her legs around his waist. He moves to her bed, laying down with her crying in his chest, on their sides.

"I don't want you to go, either."

-

Emma's already said bye to her friends, hugging each of them as her eyes water. Even said bye to Chloe.

She just left Erin with a big hug and tears from both, now in the car with Noah, driving her to the airport.

"I'm taking you with me."

"Baby, you can't."

"Well, shit. Thought I hated that name, but that was really cute. I'ma do it anyway."

"Baby."

"Ugh."

"Alright, I'll quit."

"Don't do that."

"Okay. But, really, you can't take me with you. I'd love to be there at all times, but can't. We'll be fine. We made a deal and a promise that I plan on keeping. Spending the rest of our lives together with a two-four year set back isn't that bad."

"It still sucks balls."

"Oh, my lord. What?"

"Sucks balls."

"Okay. Yes, it does."

-

Emma and Noah are walking hand in hand, stopping by the gate of her plane. They pull each other into a tight hug with watery eyes.

"You're the love of my life, you know that?" Noah asks.

"I do, now. I love you, bub."

"I love you, too, angel."

"This is supposed to be a good day, but it feels like torture."

"I know it is. But, we'll see each other, again. Might even come faster than we think."

"I hope it does."