45

Emma was four weeks along when she found out about the baby, having gone to the doctors the next day. Now, she's four and a half and is about to tell Noah.

"Hey, bub."

"Hi, beautiful."

She smiles and stands leaning against the island counter, right beside him with a gift box in her hand.

"That for me?" Noah smiles.

"Yup."

She hands it to him and covers her mouth, her elbow on the counter as he opens the box. He pulls the tissue paper out and freezes when he sees what's at the bottom.

 He pulls the tissue paper out and freezes when he sees what's at the bottom

"Emma?"

"Hmm?"

"You're not messing with me, right?"

"No."

"We are having a baby?"

"Yes."

He smiles and lays his head in his hands as her eyes water. He comes back up with a large smile and a red face from tears, pulling her into a gentle hug.

"You're matching." He laughs while crying.

Emma laughs, too as she sniffles and pulls the outfit out of the box. He takes the hat with pouty lips.

"Oh my god."

He hugs her again and she laughs.

-

They're sitting on the couch, Noah still holding the outfit while starring down at it.

"Four and a half." Emma states.

"Weeks?"

"Yeah. I went to the doctors for a quick check up and to see how far along. I wanted to surprise you, so I hadn't told you."

"That's fine. I like the way I found out."

"That's good. Wasn't sure if you'd think it was cheesy."

"I love it."

"We need names."

"We're four weeks in. Don't even know the gender."

"Exactly. That's why we choose boy and girl names."

"You pick boy. I want girl."

"Okay." Emma chuckles. "Wait. Ha. Wanda and Pietro."

"Oh, god." Noah laughs. "Wanda's good. Not Pietro."

"Yeah, Wanda would be so cute."

"I choose Wanda."

"Okay. Umm. Liam."

"Yes."

"Oh, yay. That was so much easier than people make it out to be. Wanda or Liam."