Chapter four: name

I woke up earlier than usual this morning, probably because I slept earlier than I normally did. Paying no mind to that, I got up and prepared myself for work. I threw my lab coat in the laundry basket. We aren't allowed to take our lab coats outside the work building but yesterday, my head was all over the place and I walked right out without remembering to remove it.

I walked into the bathroom and did my business then I took a shower. I washed my long black hair and cleaned my body while humming an unknown tune. It was a way to distract myself from the many thoughts I was getting from just being in the shower. So many inappropriate thoughts...

"Anything but Damien, please." I begged my brain. Did it listen? No, because from out of nowhere, Damien walked into the shower and pinned me against the wall, his hot lips connecting with mine. I felt his hand again, slowly trailing higher and higher between my thighs. I spread my legs for him, screaming when I felt his fingers plunging inside my—

"No!" I shouted into nothing, pushing all those thoughts to the back of my head. I aggressively switched off the water and stepped out of the shower. This needs to stop, this needs to stop. In my naked and dripping wet state, I went to my laptop and switched it on, going to google.

'why do I always have dirty thoughts?'

This is so dumb, but I'll do anything for it to stop. Anything!

The search results showed stuff about puberty and hormones and various articles about the 'top 12 dirty things everyone has though of'. Basically, it was pretty useless. I shut my laptop and pushed it away from me, walking back to the bathroom to get a towel to wrap around my body.

I'm a scientist! I don't need the internet to answer questions about my body and mind.

"Sexual frustration..." I whispered, my eyes widening in realization. After Damien and I split up, I never had any other touch from a man. I've never even touched myself! That's probably what is causing all of these nasty thoughts. Yes... Yes, I may be onto something.

How do I get rid of these thoughts?

"I need a new man. Yes, not just a temporary fling. I need to find someone to be with." I said with a determined nod. I'm not doing it to get the thoughts out of my head. I'm doing it because I'm at the right age to be in a relationship and I've been single for too long. I deserve the happiness it'll bring.

"Shouldn't I be focusing on work though? It is a pretty big deal." I whispered.

I looked at my clock, my eyes widening at how much time has gone past. I'm going to be late for work! I sped to my closet and wore the quickest outfit I could put on. That was a nice red dress. It was pretty tight though, making my curves a bit more outlined than I would've liked.

No time to change. I'll wear a lab coat over it anyways.

I slid on red high heels and fixed my hair, tying it up into a ponytail. It was still a bit wet so it wasn't straight as usual. It looked wavy.

Whatever, I'm still hot.

I put on some lipgloss and grabbed my phone and bag, hurrying downstairs. I'll have to get some coffee on the way. There is no time for breakfast now. I stopped at the kitchen when I saw broken glass on the floor. It looked like a glass had fallen.

Is that the shattering I heard last night?

I looked at the sink, where I put all the dishes I used last night. The pot, the bowl, spoon and the cup. I haven't used a glass in ages. Yet somehow, one ended up breaking on the floor across the kitchen.

I looked at the windows around the kitchen and dining room. They were all closed shut so no one could have entered. It was raining last night too, so the floor would be wet or muddy.