Chapter fifty four: lord

"Alright, everyone! It's time to head back to Lunaria. Don't forget to split up to minimize human contact." Valedria instructed outside the tent.

I gulped down the last bit of water from a tin Alexander had given me. After our first time together, which definitely did not disappoint, he made sure that I was cleaned up and dressed before giving me a moment to catch my breath. I felt a bit weak from the blood loss but I was glad that it didn't hurt nearly as it did the first time.

Maybe I even enjoyed it a little bit.

I stood up and stepped out of the tent, squinting my eyes at the powerful rays from the sun that hit my face. I held my hand up to shield myself from it and looked around. Some creatures gave me glances as usual but didn't say anything. I know for sure they heard Alexander and I. After all, we only had the thin sheet of a tent separating us from the others.

Sex is something done a lot by these creatures. Hearing it must not have meant anything to them.

I saw Valedria speaking with another vampire and approached them. With a small nod to him, it left and I got a chance to ask the most important question. "Where are the twins?"

"Sei said he'll meet us there. He's already departed with the werewolves." He told me and I nodded in understanding. I kind of felt sad because I did want to see him and apologize. Valedria furrowed his brows at my sad expression and shook his head in disapproval. He looked behind me and crossed his arms, "Are you sure your fragile human is fit for this battle? The last thing we need is for her to distract our troops."

I looked behind me, finding Alexander hovering over me. His black hair was messy, some stands falling over his face and covering his red eyes. Looking up at his father, he responded, "I assure you, Akielia will not be any sort of liability. She will be my sole responsibility."

"The fact that you'll be too busy protecting her will also be a liability in itself. It's happened for long enough now, it's time for the both of you to finally go your separate ways." Valedria scoffed, seeming to relax at the thought. Alexander stepped next to me, glaring at his father. I glared too.

"Separate ways? You really don't get it. She's not going anywhere, she's mine." Alexander snarled, baring his fangs out.

Valedria looked surprised, "You're actually serious about her? About making her queen of supernaturals?"

"I never once did joke about my admiration for her. She is the air I breath, the only reason why I believe that God loves me... Because He gave her to me."

"You two are from completely different worlds. Worlds that can never collide. She can't possibly become our queen. She's human, weak and prone to a fast death. An easy target to our enemies. Your heirs will be powerless! Our bloodline will be spoiled!"

I looked down, biting my lower lip at his words. He was right, as much as I hated to admit it. My relationship with Alexander would only bring problems for us in the future. Our children wouldn't be half as powerful as the other hybrids. They would get bullied...

"It doesn't have to be... back in Lunaria." Alexander said, making me snap my head up to look at him. He turned to face me, holding both of my hands tightly in his.

"Darling, if the both of us survive this and can't find a way to get to the throne... I am more than willing to start a new life here with you, on your land... With your people."

Valedria's mouth fell open when he heard his own son speaking of abandoning a chance at being royalty. "Y-you can't..." He said, trying to think of another reason.

"If you two leave, what about her bond with the other two?"

"Actually, it didn't exist." I said, receiving identical confused looks from Alexander and his father. "The sorceress may have lied about a lot of things, but I think she was telling the truth when she said our bonds were created by her. I felt them fading away into nothing. It was like they became two meaningless people."

"Perfect... Not in a bad way, of course. Just in a way where I'm happy that you are mine and mine only." Alexander said with a deep chuckle.

"So when this is all over and we get cast out by creatures who don't understand our love, will you let me take you out on a date and settle with me?" He asked me, smiling widely. I grinned and jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly. I would be delusional to say no to a man willing to abandon royalty for me.

"Woah woah woah, the vampires are rooting for you to do this! Our whole race depends on it. Have you no mercy!?" Valedria screamed to Alexander. "Your mother... Everyone... How will they react to you abandoning them for a human?"

"My mother knows that I'm in love with this woman. She will be fine." Alexander placed his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "We have no choice, no one will respect our relationship. And I won't let my woman be disrespected, human or not."

Valedria seemed to be thinking for a few seconds. I felt like he should have just given up. Alexander held his head high as he spoke with his unfaltering authority. His mind was made up. We were getting a house and going to have human-vampire babies running around the place in a few years time.

"You will leave only if you are not accepted?" Valedria asked, receiving a nod from the both of us. With a sigh of defeat, he added, "What if I changed that?"

"How?" I asked with curiosity. Valedria frowned, his shoulders slumping as he surrendered.

"By lifting the ban on relationships with humans."

My eyes widened. Was he willing to go that far just for Alexander to be king?

"As much as I was in denial. The way you have handled the situation with your human and the twins, you have proven yourself capable of the crown. Your courage and preservation is admirable."

I held in a squeal of excitement when Valedria turned to the rest of the creatures as they slowly disappeared into the trees. "Halt! Turn and bow to your next lord!" He commanded, falling on his knee and bowing before his son. Alexander stared in shock when all the other creatures bowed without any debate. I moved back to give Alexander his spotlight and gave him a graceful curtsy.

"Hail to the next Lord Alexander of Eclipsia Lunaria!" Valedria shouted.

"Hail to the king!" The creatures boomed out. Valedria looked up slightly, his red eyes focused on me.

"And hail to his queen..."

.
.
.
.
.

Hope you enjoyed it!

A/N: Thank you for reading and being patient with the updates! Your votes and comments are appreciated.

We're almost at the end!