Chapter twenty one: history pt.1

"Why are you crying, cherry pie?"

I quickly spun on my heel to see the source of the deep voice that had spoken behind me. I looked at him with widened eyes, my heart hammering loudly in my chest. He stood there with a small smirk on his pink small lips, the side of his body pressed against the door frame. I briefly glanced at his tall and lean frame. He looked much bigger than he had looked during breakfast.

"Hello, Alexander." I greeted him softly, lifting my hand up to wipe the tears that were now drying on my warm cheeks. The vampire stared at me from head to toe, his ghost of a smirk still gracing his pale yet very attractive face. I've always heard the theory that vampires are incredibly sexy, but seeing one live made me realize that they aren't just sexy.

They are more than sexy.

"You still remember my name. I'm flattered." He mumbled, his smirk turning into a sweet smile.

"Why would I forget it? It's not that hard to remember." I said to him, looking away from him. His glowing red eyes kinda scared me. They reminded me of blood, and I did not like blood. From the corner of my eye I could see him shrugging at my question. "It's easy to please me, something as simple as remembering my name makes me feel things."

I turned to look at him, staring between his forehead, "I hope whatever you're feeling isn't going to upset your brothers or me."

He grinned at me, showing his sharp white fangs, "of course not, cherry pie. Would you like to come inside and tell me what's made you upset?"

Why is he calling me that?

I looked behind him, trying to see which room he was in. It had floor to ceiling bookshelves that were full of thick books. He was clearly inside a library. He turned on his heel and walked back inside the library, motioning with his hand that I followed him. Was that really a good idea? To follow a vampire into a room where we'll be alone? I'm not a fantasy whiz but I have heard of a vampire's fondness of human blood. Do I really want to put myself in a position where I could get hurt?

"Come on now, I don't bite." He turned to me, licking one of his fangs. "I'm the only person in this house who's willing to speak to you right now. If Sei is angry at you, there's no doubt that Silas is too so you won't be speaking to them for a while. Or you would rather wander around the mansion until my father finds you and deals with you?"

Deal with me? What the hell is he talking about?

Goliath wouldn't really do anything to me, right? He wouldn't hurt his sons' soulmate... Would he?

"I don't have all morning, I can already feel my eyes getting droopy. Some of us vampires sleep during the day." Alexander said, his brows furrowing. He was starting to lose his patience. I took a deep breath and stepped inside the library. There was no point in being alone, perhaps Alexander could even explain to me what's going on. Maybe he'll become a friend, who knows?

He led me through the many rows of shelves and onto a seating area. It was a soft looking loveseat pushed against a large window. Alexander walked to it and closed the curtains, blocking the warm sunlight from entering. He plopped down on the small couch and patted the space next to me. I sat down, trying to keep as much distance between us as I could. That didn't work because of the size of the seat, our legs were brushing together.

He looked down at my cleavage, not bothering to hide that he was staring. His eyes moved higher, to the side of my neck, and then he finally looked into my eyes, the intensity of the red darkening to a brown colour. "Eye colour better?" He asked me.

He must've realized that I didn't like the bright red.

I blushed in embarrassment and looked down, nodding slowly. He placed his veiny hand on my knee, rubbing circles on it with his thumb. Even through the long dress, I could feel just how cold his hands were. It was like he had no blood at all. He was just a walking dead body.

"What is this place?" I asked him, gently pushing his hand off me. He removed his hand and crossed his arms, looking up at the ceiling. "Eclipsia Lunaria. It's a weird name but it works, I guess." He shrugged.

"And which part of Earth is this?" I asked him. I did not recognize this place at all.

"A part of Earth that must be kept secret. An island that is not visible to the normal."

Normal? Im guessing that he means humans.

"But how can I see it? Because I'm the soulmate of non-human creatures?"

"You could say that. Let me give you the full history of Eclipsia Lunaria. Perhaps that will help you understand a bit more?" Alexander offered.

"Yes, please." I whispered to him. I really wanted to know more about this place. He cleared his throat, opening his mouth to give me the story.

"Centuries ago, there was a massive war that carried out within the human race. This war was known worldwide, even without the fancy smartphones they have now. There were two sides, and people were forced to fight for a side. You either fought for the East or the West side.

Nobody really knew what caused the conflict, but the leaders of the war used to be close before it all happened. When the truth came out, most people sided with the West side." Alexander said.

"Why did they side with the West side? What did the leader of the East do?" I asked him, my eyes slightly widened.

"The Western leader found out that the Eastern leader, Caesar Neonsheller, was a vampire. The first ever recorded vampire to exist. He was considered a freak, a monster because humans did not understand his condition. Caesar was turned against by nearly 90% of the whole world and when he realized that he had no chance, he fled by boat. He did not flee alone, he fled with a woman, a woman he soon fell in love with.

The two found the Island and named it Eclipsia, because a solar eclipse happens once every month here." Alexander said. He was about to continue until me, the scientist, decided to interrupt him.

"It's not possible, if not likely, to have a monthly solar eclipse. It would have been recorded by now since this island is a part of the Earth. But then because of its size..."

"Ahem," Alexander cleared his throat, making me stop my continuous mumbling. I whispered an apology to him and waited for him to continue. He nodded and continued.

"The woman Caeser loved was human so one night he lost his control and bit her. Instead of dying, he turned her into a vampire and when they had their first child, the vampire population grew from then.

Vampires led the island and would occasionally go to the human world to get some blood. Animal blood was an option, but not satisfactory. And just like humans, vampires are also curious... But one vampire got curious at the wrong place. She tampered with the world we vampires can never experience. The world after death."

Alexander stood up and walked to a shelf, pulling out a thick blue book. It had no title or author and it looked like it had been there for centuries. The blue was starting to peel off the cover, leaving brown patches. The spine of the book was slightly bent. Alexander sat down again and opened the book, carefully flipping through the pages. They looked old, like they would turn into dust at any given moment.

The pages were filled with old pictures of people and places I've never seen before. It had sketches and drawings that seemed old. It was a history book, a book with everything about the history of Eclipsia Lunaria. He stopped at a page where there was a picture of an innocent looking girl.

"Akielia, let me tell you about a seventeen year old girl named Elizabeth Taylor."

A/N: So what do we think about Alexander so far? Comment your opinion