Chapter fifty seven: plan

"I'll help you stop her."

That's nice and all but can we talk about how in the world Sei is your real mate?

Does the word 'mate' have meaning anymore or is it just for everyone?

"Thank you, Daffodil. This will not be forgotten." I told her blankly, turning to look at the storm that was beginning to get more aggressive. Precious' eyes were no longer the colour they usually were, they were a milky white colour, as if she was blind. It was a creepy sight to see on someone I had believed was human for so long.

"How do we stop her?" I asked the fairy. She let go of Sei, making him turn around and prepare for battle.

"Two options." Daffodil suggested, holding up two fingers. "You behead her, which is impossible to do right now or you find a source to put her power in."

"I'm not following on the second option." I admitted to her. What did she mean by 'find a source'?

"Her power is at full capacity. If you are able to find someone who can handle it in their body, we can take Precious' power and send it to that person."

"How am I supposed to find someone like that?" I asked in surprise. If beheading her was impossible, how would we even begin with taking her power?

"Easy, just find the strongest beast that has ever set foot on this land."

"The strongest are Sei and Silas." I said to her. She blushed when I mentioned Sei's name, making me nearly scrunch my face in displeasure.

"Uh... How about Silas? He seems stronger out of the two." She said, clearing her throat.

"That's the problem. We haven't seen Silas since Sei tried to kill him. I haven't been able to speak to him since our bond has been broken." I told her. Why couldn't Sei just do it?

"I guess we'll have to settle for third place... Alexander." Daffodil said, walking away without allowing me to speak. I pursed my lips, wondering why she didn't want to use her newfound mate.

I followed behind her, jogging slightly. "What exactly are the risks to this whole process?" I asked her.

She paused and turned to me, sighing deeply, "Death."

"And you wanted me to sacrifice Alexander?" I asked her angrily. This was ridiculous. Why couldn't we just try another idea? One that didn't involve the death of any of the most important creatures in my life?

Not that I know any others outside of Lunaria.

"There's less of a chance if the creature is physically strong enough to take it."

"No ways! That's not enough to even reassure me a little bit!" I shouted at her. Daffodil suddenly pushed me, making me fall roughly on my back. A werewolf was flung right were I was standing, its body crashing against a tree. My heart dropped as it laid on the ground, not moving. It wasn't breathing.

"No." I whispered, looking back at Precious. She was winning. She was hurting everyone.

"People are dying! It's either Alexander or all of Lunaria!" Daffodil added, pointing at the werewolf that laid still. "Sacrifices have to be made for the good of the..."

"No." I stopped her, getting up from the floor. I looked at the creatures as they fought. This battle had a long time coming, even before I arrived... But I was the one that started it. I was the reason that werewolf and many more were dead. I looked at Alexander, finding him on his knee, clutching his arm. There was crimson red blood oozing from there.

I hurt him. I caused this pain.

"If anyone is getting sacrificed... It will be me." I said. Daffodil looked at me in shock.