Chapter thirty five: trust me

After Sei finished comforting me from the aftermath of the trainwreck of reality that hit me, I finally got enough strength to go freshen up in the bathroom while he spent some time by himself. Just like me, it was pretty clear that his mind was in shambles and he was probably waiting for Silas so they could discuss the problem.

Silas did eventually return while I was still soaked in the large bathtub. I could hear his deep voice. It made me feel all sorts of things. Hearing him saying my name was the best part of all... Although I did not like it when he lost his temper. He seemed to do that a lot too.

"We need to comfort her." Sei said. I stepped out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around my body, listening to their conversation. I had no doubt that they knew that I was listening but I didn't care. I needed to hear what Silas thought about this whole thing.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly, the sound of his footsteps heading towards the closet.

"She think she will die."

"We won't let that happen though, she knows that."

"She also think there is no way we will last."

"What the hell are you going on about?" Silas sighed. I squeezed the water out of my hair, still listening carefully.

"If they find out she is our mate, they will kill her."

"They won't find out."

"But then she be a secret forever... And the truth always come out."

"So what? You want us to come clean about her being human? That's as good as killing her."

"Maybe we should not be king." Sei said, his voice softening. There was silence for a few seconds.

"No. We can't throw this opportunity away. This is our chance to take control as hybrids. It's what our kind has been waiting for. The demons, wolves and especially hybrids are all counting on us."

"Akielia is worth losing it all," Sei said, making me look at the floor. "I love her." He admitted to his brother.

"I love her as much as you do, but we cannot abandon everything. If she loves us, she'll understand."

"So all we can do is keep a secret?"

"For now it's our only option. We will figure something out. We always do."

I held the towel around my body and stepped out of the bathroom, heading for the closet. I did not look at either of them but I felt their burning hot stares on different areas of my body. I walked into the closet, picking an oversized blue shirt and large shorts. Quickly, I slipped them on and went back into the main bedroom.

Silas looked at my outfit with amusement, "You just love wearing our clothes, don't you?"

"Well, it's not like I have much of my own to wear. Seriously, when am I going to get things I need? My period is starting soon." I told them, combing my hair with my fingers.

"What's a period?" Silas asked boredly, walking to the door. "and we'll let you go in a while, just when this whole ordeal dies down."

"I need it faster than that. Underwear, pads, skin lotion, shampoo." That was just the bare minimum too. I needed a lot more.

"Tell your period to wait." Sei said, following his twin brother outside.

"How the heck do I tell blood to not flow!?" I asked loudly, lifting my arms up dramatically. I groaned when I did not receive an answer, meaning that they had left. Great, just great. They didn't even escort me to dinner this time. I shook my head and walked out of the bedroom, walking in the direction of the dining room.