Chapter fifty three: privacy

"Darling? It's time you woke up." A voice whispered in my ear, my body being shook slightly. I groaned lowly as my sleep left me. "No..." I mumbled, rolling over. The hand shaking my shoulder slid down my arm and landed on my waist, gently shaking it. "Baby, we need to depart now. Wake up so you can freshen up."

"Depart where?" I asked, still barely awake. I could tell that it was Alexander speaking to me, but I haven't had such good sleep in a while that I didn't want it to ever end.

"Back to Lunaria. Word has it that the sorceress managed to get through the borders. All of our strongest creatures are here so everyone back home is in danger."

My eyes snapped open at that and I quickly sat up, nearly falling over cause I was still really sleepy. Alexander held my shoulder to keep me from humiliating myself. "Is Sei okay?" I only just remembered that we were at Valedria's tent.

"He's fine, still going on about killing Silas... But he's willing to fight."

I sighed softly, "how am I going to cure him from this?" I asked, biting my lower lip. Alexander ruffled my already messy hair, "don't worry about that. Valedria told me that as soon as the sorceress is killed, every spell she's ever cast will be reversed."

"Including those that have helped you and your people all the years before?"

"Unfortunately yes, some buildings will collapse from it. They've helped us build many."

I got up from the soft cushions and stretched my body, some of my bones popping. I walked out of the tent, hissing when the sun hit my face. After I adjusted to the light, I was faced with many creatures of many colors and sizes walking around, preparing for their departure.

I'm the only one who didn't look ready, even Alexander was dressed.

I looked back at him, finding his fancy clothes nowhere to be seen. He was in white pants and wore a white jersey. The material looked thick like it was heavy from a bunch of padding and protective layers. On his shoulders, a white cape was attached to his outfit and it nearly touched the floor, just reaching his black boots. There was a sword placed against his hips, ready to be used during battle.

I rushed to a stream and splashed myself with water, wiping every part of my body. It was awkward when I had to undress but the creatures seemed uninterested in me as they walked by without a second glance.

After I was certain that I was clean, I wore my clothes and slipped back into the tent, squeezing my wet curls. There, I found Valedria and Alexander sitting together, staring at a map. They both looked up as I walked in. Valedria scanned me from head to toe and shook his head, "That filthy outfit won't do at all."

"Good morning to you too..." I grumbled to him with pursed lips. He ignored me and stood up, walking to a bag at the corner of the tent. Alexander wrapped his hand around my ankle, running his thumb in circles gently while his eyes stayed glued to the map.

Valedria pulled out clothes and tossed them to me, "Wear this. That way you'll actually survive the war."

"It's just one person, why call it a war?" I mumbled to myself, not getting a response. I stared at Valedria in expectation. He needed to give me privacy. I didn't mind much that Alexander was here, his father was another story.

Valedria pursed his lips, "I do not care for your frail body and small breasts."

"Small? No. Round? Definitely." Alexander mumbled with a smirk. I kicked his hand away and he chuckled, once again wrapping it around my leg.

"Round, square or perky, I have no interest in a human. Therefore, you becoming naked in front of me will not spark any arousal within me."

"It's not about arousal. It's about privacy and respect." I told him.