Chapter fifty nine: staying

My life

The story of my life is one from a fantasy novel. A scientist with a fling and issues with her parents. Her work was all that mattered to her until she met two identical blue-haired men.

She found love, she felt love like no other... But their story was anything but romantic. She had a bond with them that was based on a cruel woman's malicious intent. A plan carefully crafted to open the borders of the land, Lunaria.

She came across a vampire, who started as a friend... Then she feared him after he fed on her sweet blood. Then she fell for him and the bond was real. The love was real, everything was real.

She was supposed to be crowned Queen of the supernaturals, even if they did not want her to be. She was uncertain about the whole thing and she didn't know how to prove that she was worthy.

Soon war came upon the land. She risked her life for them all, allowing her fragile body to take millions worth of electricity into it, all in the form of magic. Someone had jumped in to save her, Silas.

When Precious took her last breath, it was a scream of misery. She collapsed on the ground, her body shriveling up and making her look like a fresh raisin. The creatures all jeered in joy, amazed by the victory. They jumped about, singing and dancing around the corpse of their enemy.

The vampire that loved the human fell on his knees next to her, shaking her body to wake her up. She was still breathing, though it was faint. The man next to her, that had risked her life, was no more.

Silas was no more.

"It seems that all is well." A vampire male said, fixing his glasses. He looked down at me once more and nodded when he saw that I was alright. "When the hybrid, Silas, jumped in the vortex with you, it seems that all of the deadly energy went to his body and you instead inherited the powers. You are truly lucky to be alive."

I looked down, thinking back to the time when the hypnotic light of the vortex ended and I was back on land. The pain ceased, the screams silenced and most importantly, I was alive.

I remembered looking to my left to find Silas laying limp next to me. Blood crept through his lips and dripped down his cheek. He didn't make a single move, he didn't even breathe. I remember screaming for him, grabbing onto him for dear life. Alexander hugged me tightly, trying to pull me away but I refused to let Silas go. He needed to live. I couldn't find it in me to even begin to cope with the pain of losing him.

He died... For me.

Sei was in the most pain. When Precious' potion wore off, he remembered all that he had done but he could not even apologize to Silas. He was too late.

"Thank you, doctor. You may excuse us." Alexander said. The vampire nodded and gave a slight bow before he turned on his heel to make his way out. After he shut the door, Alexander moved to sit on the bed next to me, his hand linking with mine.

We were both still in our messy battle clothes. It's only been two hours since everything happened.

A single tear fell down my cheek. I was relieved that this was all over, but all of the losses and sacrifices made squeezed the joy out of my heart. I didn't even want to know how many creatures were dead... I just knew that the number was great.

Alexander also looked like he was at a loss for words. His white jersey had a dry patch of red where his arm had been cut but he didn't look like he was in pain. He stared at my hand, slowly tracing the outlines of my nails.

The silence between us was comfortable, it felt right.

A knock on the door made my heart jump, and Alexander frowned as he called the person to enter. It was Sapphire and behind her, was Valedria.